Friday 27 March 2009

Portable Dvd Player - portable dvd player, battery operated tv


I purchased this TV /DVD player as a Christmas present and was shocked to find that the T.V. did not pick up one channel with the antenna provided. I got a booster antenna at Radio Shack for $12 and was able to get 22 air channels. The DVD works well and the colors are very nice. I'm not too sure how well it will work when we get out next hurricane or how long the battery will last, but this is why I purchased this item. Philips PET729/37 - 7 Inch LCD Portable TV / DVD Player

Philips PET729/37 - 7 Inch LCD Portable TV / DVD Player



I purchased this as a Christmas gift for a friend and I always like to set things up to make sure the item is working before I give it to the party in question.



Setup was a breeze, very intuitive. I hooked it up to the cable system and it found every channel, it only took about 5 minutes and I was watching a very sharp picture on the 7" screen. Sound was good also, I think she will be thrilled with it. I got this as a lightening deal, but I think it is worth the full retail price.

Wow! what a deal. I purchased this for myself for Christmas of 09. It arrived quickly. The picture is very clear and the sound is loud enough for me. I pick up all the digital channels, even some I can't receive on my cable tv. The only thin complainant I have is that you can't control the on and off and the sound from the remote. But I still give it a five stars rating. Also it really sounds great when you hook up some small media speakers to it. If you can, get one that has a sub woofer. Pop some popcorn and enjoy.

I bought this tv/dvd player as a treat for myself, after saving up loose coins all year. I first purchased another brand (the Envizen), but the dvd player had problems, and it took a lot of effort to get any tv stations, so I returned it. But this Philips is wonderful. Without any effort at all, I received 10 local stations, easily and clearly. I lucked out and bought this product before the price went up, so I feel like I really got a great bargain. This is a great choice if you want both a dvd player and tv (especially if you have a power outage and are trying to keep up with the news...like during a blizzard such as I'm in the middle of now!).

I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE PHILLIPS PET729/37 - 7INCH LCD PORTABLE TV /DVD PLAYER. TALK ABOUT PORTABILITY, IT IS THE GREATEST. IT IS VERY LIGHT AND WAS EASY TO SET UP. THE TV AND DVD 'S COME IN VERY CLEAR. THE SOUND IS EXCELLENT AND LOUD. I WORK NIGHTS IN A PEDIATRIC HOSPITAL, DURING MY LUNCH TIME I CAN WATCH THE TV OR PLAY A DVD FOR A SHORT PERIOD. SOME OF MY CO-WORKERS WHO HAVE SEEN THIS HAVE ALSO BROUGHT ONE. I ALSO GAVE ONE AS A GIFT. I ALSO RECOMMEND BUYING THE TARGUS DVD 301 10 SPORT PORTABLE DVD PLAYER CASE. IF YOU BUY A 7 INCH CASE YOU WON'T HAVE THE EXTRA SPACE FOR THE EXTRAS. THE CASE ALSO HAVE ROOM FOR A LOT OF DVDS AND ACCESSORIES EASILY.

I DO HAVE ONE REQUEST, I WISH THE PRINT ON THE QUICK SET-UP GUIDE WAS LARGER, ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE OF US WITH BAD EYE SITE. BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU FROM BUYING THIS ITEM. THERE IS AN INSTRUCTION MANNUAL INCLUDED. I WAS SO EXCITED THAT I TRIED TO TAKE A SHORT-CUT TO SET IT UP.

This is #4...I've been looking for a "portable" TV since last summer, the 3 previous..would not receive any channels without hooking up to a antenna system.They were "back in the box" the same day. This unit found 5 with it's own antenna...good start. Picture is clear..display...full control of picture and channels. Remote controls everything, except ON/OFF and VOLUME.

The "fold" open/close is real handy, protects screen and a stable "foot" to set on a surface...DVD seems ok too(really just wanted a tv). Only feature missing is a "card slot"...pictures and music have to be on a disc. For the price..I rate it #1 value. Setup menus were very easy, speakers have good volume.

Actually, I'd rate it 4.85, not quite perfect but at the Amazon price, it's unbeatable.

Good sound, very good picture, lousy reception with the enclosed antenna unless

you are outside. I bought an amplified rabbit ears at Radio Shack, brought in all

the local channels including channel 2 which is difficult to pick up in the west suburban

area of Chicago, good battery life, one year guarantee. Thinking of buying several

more. At the Amazon price it's a steal. Most places are selling the comparable Phillips

model DVD with out TV, around $80 to $89

First impression was surprise that it was white as I thought I ordered a black unit. (Look closely when you're ordering.) Okay, the color was no big deal, so I proceeded with excitement to scan for TV channels (My most important reason for ordering it) and received NONE! I took it outside and tried again....none. Went online to Phillips' website to check our locality as mentioned somewhere in the handbook. Couldn't find that info on their website, so I entered into a Chat Session with a representative, who tried suggesting a few things, all of which I had already done (nothing more than what the basic directions had said to do and I had done). Disappointed, I read the reviews again and saw that several people had purchased an additional antenna to booster the reception. I ordered one from Amazon.com, waited for its delivery and tried, hopefully, again to scan for channels. I got one that KIND OF worked but the picture blurred with even the slightest movement of the unit and/or the wind currents. I packed it up and decided it would go back. Several days passed before I got it ready to return and during that time, my laptop developed a problem and stopped working. I took it for repair and decided while it was "down", I'd try the DVD part of the Phillips unit to play an exercise DVD and perhaps change my mind about returning it. I unpacked it, set it up for the DVD, waited as the screen showed the DVD "loading", and then.....NOTHING! The screen indicated that there was "No Disc". Tried again...same thing. Needless to say, today, the cute little Phillips unit that did nothing, for me, is being returned. I give up! - Portable Tv - Digital Tv - Battery Operated Tv - Portable Dvd Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information