Tuesday 31 March 2009

I Recommend This Product - multmedia hard drive, media storage


This product was on Amazon's "Lightning Sale" for $199 and I thought AWESOME. Iomega has been around forever with their zip drives and what-not, and 2TB of space to put all of my collected avi's, mpeg's, mp4's, mp3's and jpeg's on a platform that would play them in 1080i would be great...



N O P E



It loaded just fine, in fact I thought it went rather fast, but then I set it up. It's SLOWWWWWW, and I don't mean just to start up. I changed the batteries in the remote... TWICE because I didn't want to believe that such a simple device could be bogged down navigating 4 option menus. After painfully wading through unattractive menus and sub-menus it would always lead me back to the file menu, and heaven forbid you have all of your mp3's in the same folder it will lock-up for 10 minutes. Speaking of Locking-Up, that seems to be it's favorite pastime. I had to reset 3 times in the first 10 minutes including physically pulling the plug since it was completely unresponsive.



I am not in the habit of besmirching a product, but I usually base my buying options on customer feedbacks which I dearly cherish; unfortunately, at the time of my purchase the product was bran-spanking new and there was no feedback. For the sake of future shoppers I am paying-this-forward (which also gives me the rights for "I told you so!"). Iomega 1TB ScreenPlay Director HD Multimedia Player (34650)

I have a 'Iomega Screenplay Pro 1TB'. I thought this is a newer version of that and could be more effective/interactive/better. But I'm very disappointed.

'Pro' had an option of video recording and I knew this doesn't have it.

I expected it to have better interactive menu but it didn't have. The reaction time to the remote is very slow.



Many features that are there in Pro is not available in this.

In Pro, When you see a list of video files, there is a preview window where it plays the actual video. This shows a file icon. What good is that for?

Pro recognizes a dvd files and brings up the dvd menu. This doesn't bring the DVD menu at all.

Pro remote had lots of options. Example, dvd subtitile is just a click away. Here.. Nope.

Plays wmv and few other formats that Pro didn't play. But now after seeing this so 'interactive' menu options, I'm reluctant to upgrade the software on my Pro.



I would return it in a day or two.

I purchased Iomega 1TB ScreenPlay Director HD Multimedia Player.

It is not functional - works just as a hard disk (sometimes as a MP3 misic player).

Not compatible - it does not play video of any format. I tried diff conversions into different video formats and nothing works.

Not upgradble - did not succeed to install in any way the new version of firmware.

IT IS NOT BRAND NAME IOMEGA

Support is bad, rude, not professional.

first off, i use this via wired connection & only use this to store media. I've not (yet) gotten into the online media (i've got other products for this.)



it plays every media file i've tried, i was running out of space on my 1 TB drive so i wanted to get some stuff off my main system & this is how i came to order the iomega. i've been a long time iomega fan (way back to the 100gb zip drives). i held out as long as i could & finally broke down & got it... i don't try to sync a TB to my system that would kill my network so i only get files from it as they're needed or use the usb connection if i need to sync my mp3 player.



does everything i need/want it to. now looking @ the screenplay tv link to sync to the other tvs (i'll need to get the wireless adapter from iomega for that tho...)

Got this for about $199 (USD). Works reasonably well but extremely tempermental!

I cannot figure out how to delete files from the mapped drive.

The torrents say they have downloaded but don't show up anywhere on the hard drive.

Do not buy it.

I would not recommend this product as I was never able to get it fully set up and connected to my home network. Out of the box, it connected via HDMI to my HDTV and the menus displayed fine. That's as far as it ever got, because this device would not get recognized by my PC. One other issue I discovered is that after 10mins or so, the device would go into sleep mode and would not wake up neither through the remote nor by directly pushing buttons on the case. The only way I could get the device going again was by unplugging and re-initializing it.



The online troubleshooting guide wasn't of much help either as I quickly found myself in a vicious circle; one help section suggested if my PC would not recognize the device to click to another section that instructed me to make sure the device is recognized. It also suggested I visit my PC's hardware MFG websites to make sure all of my drivers are up to date, which they were. When this proved futile, I attempted to call and/or chat with Iomega customer support. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reach anyone as their hours of operation are not conducive to someone who works for a living and only has time on weekends and/or eventings to "play" with new toys like this.



Although my PC is running an older OS (Win XP SP2), the Iomega device is advertised to work. However, based on my experience this was not the case and I ended up returning it after several hours of fruitless endeavors. - Multmedia Hard Drive - Multimedia Drive With Hdmi - Media Player - Media Storage'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information