Thursday 30 July 2009

32 Inch 1080p - 37 inch lcd, 37 inch


This set is way better than i expected. Picture quality,color and contrast are stunning. I purchased this set for my son after reseaching every set in the 40" range. Last years sony hx800,which blows away this years ex720,was the top contender until i found this set. I watched avatar 3D on this and the VT25 plasma and saw little difference. I also watched basketball in 3D on directv and experienced no motion blurr. I looked very hard for flashlighting and blooming but saw none. Positioning the leds on the top and bottom seems to work very well. My son played black ops and killzone 3 in 3D and we both were very impressed. I wish they made this in a 55'. I'm waiting on the xbr hx929 to come out. I saw the sammy und8000 at my buddy's house. I was not impressed. I like this panasonic better. The wifi dongle connected to my dir-655 flawlessly. The internet works but we we will never use it. My son and i both have htpc's connected to our sets which makes the tvs connection unnecessary. I am very pleased with this set and am glad i found it. It's not talked about very much but worth more than it costs. Top performer in my opinion. Panasonic VIERA TC-L37DT30 37-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV

I bought this tv to replace my bedroom tv, which was previously a 32" LG. The color on this TV is very vibrant and bright and has nice picture all in all.

The 2d->3d feature is borderline useless. It adds very little depth at the cost of brightness, clarity, and sharpness. The 3d feature itself is nice, however I have yet to watch an actual 3d Blu-Ray movie on it due to the limited selection presently. The only actual 3d supported media is with Black Ops and Killzone 3 (both ps3 games) and on those it adds a very nice 3d effect, but once again i find it more of a novelty as it doesnt actually help you in any way shape or form and just ends up tiring out my eyes, but still a nice feature.

The 240hz reduces motion blur alot more but doesnt get rid of it completely. It is leaps and bounds better than my old 60hz LG and 120hz Samsung however. (I had a side by side comparison with my LG and Samsung watching the Masters)

The picture options were plentiful and allows you to change all the hues and colors to your liking. The remote is sorta cheap (arent they always?) but it gets the job done. It is missing a profile button on the remote though (the button that changes from Standard, Cinema, Custom, Vivid etc...) and I find it annoying to go into the menu everytime to change it. (I like to play games on a higher brightness than when watching TV).

I do wish the power cord was independent of the TV but thats not really a big concern.

The slim frame of the TV is very nice and looks amazing if you hang it on the wall. The IPS Panel is very glossy and gets dirty VERY easily (fingerprint/dust magnet). I find this TV very glare resistant too, much more so than my old LG. The auto brightness calibrator is very good too, especially at night.



On a side note I also use to TV as my laptop monitor since my laptop has hdmi out and initially there was no sound and i had to update my VIDEO card drivers to get sound back. So if you have that problem try updating as this is a really new TV Model. (4/15/2011)



All in all for the $1044 its totally worth it and a fantastic 3d TV.

I originally ordered this set in Mid-May and had it shipped via Amazon Prime, It arrived in a very timely manner and I immediately unboxed it and hung it on my wall.



The first thing I did was plug everything in and make sure it works. It did without problem. I ended up having to go out and on the way home rented a 3D Movie to play via Playstation 3 to the television. I got home, popped it in, set up the 3D glasses and settings and was AMAZED at how great the picture was. The blacks are truly BLACK (To the point where all black screens made me do a double take, thinking I turned the television off) and the colors were vibrant. I bought this blindly thinking "Hey 3D Might be cool" but have to say I am completely hooked on it now!



The next day I plugged in my laptop via HDMI and ran a few tests, Input lag and dead pixels mainly (Input lag will be covered later). I noticed a problem...



Two dead pixels, One fully black on red images and the other black no matter the color.



I called Amazon and was met with a very nice representative who helped me get a replacement shipped under the agreement I'd ship the current set back when I received the replacement. She even upgraded my shipping to 1 day (Because I called on a Friday I guess and they couldn't ship until Monday).



I received the replacement 7 days ago and after unboxing it and testing (once again) for input lag, flashlighting (uneven backlight), or dead pixels I saw no issues. The original television I got must've been an uncommon mistake.



Over the course of the first few days having it I decided to get a calibration disk (after deciding I'd keep it) to REALLY see what this baby could do.



After 2-3 hours of calibrating I was WOWED once again by how beautiful and picture perfect the image quality, blacks, and colors were. Everything looks natural and "just right".



So, All in all I'm VERY impressed and happy with this product, The colors and image quality were far superior to anything I saw at my retail store (Which, ironically, sells this television for $400 more). Having now played through a few games on it, watched a few movies and done just about everything I could imagine myself doing I can't find a single REAL fault that would make me think twice about getting this again.



INPUT LAG: I know this isn't covered in most reviews and this is SPECIFICALLY why I went with this television. The input lag is non existent. That isn't me telling you "I don't see it while gaming"... That's me telling you after testing it thoroughly. Input lag versus a CRT in Game Mode was an average of 16ms, One frame or less of lag. I've used this with a mouse and keyboard (which should feel it best out of anything, though the tests say it themselves) and there was nothing. Nada. Fighting games? SSF4, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat all felt or saw nothing. FPS games had the same performance. This set has been ran for gaming on a PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 and all of them are brilliantly flawless in performance via HDMI. This was NOT the same experience of my former HDTV.



PROS:



-AMAZING Picture Quality

-Completely even backlighting

-NO Input Lag AT ALL

-IPS Panel

-Fully featured settings list

-3D Performance is mindblowing

-Not a single dead pixel on the replacement

-VERY Sturdy Construction compared to other designs



CONS:

-Power cable doesn't detach from the television, Not a problem for me but might be for others

-Original unit had multiple dead pixels



OTHER COMMENTS:



-Be sure to note that the screen and bezel are both GLOSSY, Some people are bothered by this but I personally think it looks great!



This has been rated 4 out of 5 stars because of the pixel problems with the original unit, though I fully recommend this set now that I have one of proper quality. - 120hz - Led - 37 Inch - 37 Inch Lcd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information