Friday 31 July 2009

Playstation 3 - 8gb, flash drive


These are great. Simple, quick, cheap, reliable, fast, and to the point. I had a couple 2GB HP flash drives that I just replaced with 8GB HP flash drives now that the cost has come down quite a bit. I like them because they are streamlined to be easily carried around on your keychain. If you always have your keychain in your pocket, like most people, then you will always have storage space on hand. I have two on my keychain. One is for PortableApps (google: PortableApps), which is a very cool way of being able to run your own applications (Firefox, OpenOffice, Media Players, IM's, etc) on other people's computers without having to install anything on their computer. It is completely "take everything with you". The other one is to boot into a live Linux that runs off the USB drive without touching a HDD. Especially useful when you need to use various utilities to fix someone's computer: such as HDD partitioners, boot loader managers, ability to mount an NTFS drive and replace a corrupted file that is preventing their Windows from loading, text editing, etc, etc.



Like others have mentioned, the cap does not fit on the drive very tight so it will only be a matter of time before it gets lost. Others have commented about using string (glue or drill a hole) to keep the cap from getting lost. I didn't even bother. I just took the caps off and threw them into a drawer somewhere. I just carry the drives on my keychain without the caps. They won't get damaged.



These USB flash drives also have a built-in LED that illuminates during data transfer, so you can be sure that there is no data being transferred before disconnecting them. This will prevent possible file corruption.



It would be nice if HP made these drives in different colors other than black, so you could color code them for your various uses.



These, obviously, aren't secure (encrypted) USB flash drives, so if you are looking for something that you plan on using with sensitive information (and the possibility of it getting into the wrong hands), look elsewhere. HP v100w 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive P-FD8GBHP100-EF

I wrote a 1.5 gigabyte folder of .jpg pictures from my C drive to this HP flash drive at 7 megabytes per second. I read the same folder from this HP to my C drive at 17 megabytes per second. physically this HP drive is very small. seems like a sturdy plastic large-diameter hole for a lanyard to go thru. no lanyard is provided. the cap has not fallen off yet but the slightest tug pulls the cap off. excellent price.

It's plain, but sleek. This flash drive doesn't waste any space, unlike some of the awkwardly shaped ones out there. (Cruzer...)



I've had no problem transferring videos and songs on this; the transfer speed is nice, although I do not have enough experience to compare it to other like products.



One minor problem - the cap comes off very easily, and you can't clip it to the back while it's not in use. You'd better keep an eye on it.

I purchased one of these just over 5 months ago and it started having corruption problems with large files. Then two days ago while I was using it, in the middle of a transfer, it ceased functioning. Now it is unrecognized when plugged into any laptop or system I have. I'm going to try the extreme cold spray trick to see if I can get it working long enough to pull off the files I need. Since this is a rebranded product, your mileage will DEFINITELY vary.

After having several problems with my last 8GB memory stick drive, I was skeptical about getting another. I decided to go with the HP flash drive because it is a known company that will answer if the product had any problems. It worked great, this device not only has more memory, but is faster than all my other flash drives. And at a price of near $20, there is no rival to this little device.

I managed to get one big file transfer out of this drive before it died - Windows XP now says it can't format the drive, so it's completely unusable. I bought it 2 weeks ago, and am going to try to get my money back. I'm sure THAT will be a pleasure.



And the dumb, dumb cap. You can read the other reviews about it. It's ridiculous that they didn't design a cap that would a) stay on, and b) stay connected when opened. Dumb dumb dumb.

Very good, small and does the job. It is not retractable and does not come with lanyard but has a loop so any lanyard will work with it. Does not come with a program which is something I like. I hate having third party programs when they are unnecessary.

I like that this is a drive that works like it should. There are no additional software programs to messy things up. The cap seems like it would fall off easily but mine hasn't yet. I just wish it came with a lanyard to make it harder to lose. - Hp - Flash Drive - Thumb Drive - 8gb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information