Friday 31 July 2009

Faceplates - htc thunderbolt screen protector, htc thunderbolt


I've applied plenty of screen protectors, i got it on, no bubbles, no dust, perfect application. Within 5 minutes 3 of 4 sides are starting to peel away from the screen. I applied it immediately after unboxing my thunderbolt. So, i try the 2nd protector included and have the same issue. Maybe it's a fluke, but i wouldn't risk it. Look elsewhere. Seidio SPM1HTMEC-2 Ultimate Screen Guard 2 Pack for HTC ThunderBolt - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Crystal Clear

As with any screen protector, this is difficult to put on. What makes it difficult is aligning it just right. It is cut to be just about the same size as the screen, so you must have millimeter precision. What I found to be useful is applying it from the one side to the other side, instead of top to bottom. If you are off just a little bit, you'll have bubbles along the edge. It took me a few tries, but with patience you'll get it.



If you get a little dust on it like I did, then here's what you can do. Use a piece of adhesive tape to lift up the cover, and then use another piece of adhesive cellophane tape (eg Scotch tape) that doesn't leave any residue to pick up any dust on your screen and the cover. This worked like a charm.



Do this in a room that you think is dust free, and ensure that you don't have any fans blowing, as fans will circulate dust around.



The nice thing about this screen guard is that it doesn't leave any residue. This case is also good about being more finger print resistant than some other guards I've used. There's a little notch on the top that in this screen guard so that it doesn't cover up the proximity sensor. Make sure you install the cover with the notch towards the top left side of screen.



Some really cheap screen covers will end up looking really bad because they scratch easily, have a lot of glare, or discolor the output, but this one seems to be top notch. Still looks nice and clean after spending some time in my pocket and my car's cup holder, and it hasn't noticeably affect the screen quality.



Overall, I've been happy with Seidio's accessories, although I don't quite agree with their prices, but perhaps the saying "You get what you pay for" holds true here.

I ordered this based upon some reviews on the Verizon Wireless Website. I cleaned the glass with the micro-fiber cloth and that did a good job of cleaning.



The application of the clear cover is a get it once or you won't get it smooth type of application. If you get ANY dust on the 'sticky' side, it leaves a bubble. and if you apply and pull off, you are about guaranteed to get dust or something on there so be VERY ready to lay it down once and go.



Also, the edges would really not stay down. It is too close to the edge of the glass and where the housing lines up.



I think if they'd have reduced the perimeter by about 1/16th of an inch or so, this would be a better protector.



Some of the problem is operator error, be careful, clean twice, apply once. But I'm really not happy with the results even after two tries and now both sheets have dust on the 'sticky' side and are no good.



I've ordered another product I've used in the past. The one that fits the extended battery and back cover. Hopefully that will go better. Unfortunately a wasted 10 spot on this product.

My screen protector fit just fine, contrary to the problems a few others have reported.



My issue lies in the fact that it somehow was scratched in my pocket pretty badly, I don't even recall having keys or anything else in there. A few days after that, two vertical scratches in another spot. Screen protector has done it's job, but has lasted less than a month.



Two more words : FINGERPRINT MAGNET

A friend has the same type of screen protector for the htc incredible and it looks great with absolutely no smudges. My screen protector actually covers the entire screen, which is great, but I am constantly wiping off my fingerprints from the screen. I am hoping I just got a bad/defective protector. I will try to put on the second cover and hopefully will have better luck then, but I am skeptical at this point.

Don't waste your time and money. Both screen guards were too big and did not fit the screen. Corners would not adhere to the screen causing bubbles and dirt to accumulate. For the price I expected much better.

First, please do not be suckered into buying anything like the "Invisible Shield" or other similar products.



If the screen protector involves wet application, avoid it like the plague.



That said, this screen protector is awesome. It fits the WHOLE screen unlike the crap they sell you at Verizon. It's very easy to install if you use a little common sense.



First, go to your bathroom, fire up the hot water in the tub and close the door. Let the steam build up and shut off the tub water, and now clean your screen and then apply this protector. The steam will pull all of the dust and particles out of the air and allow you to get your screen protector on without any little particles causing bubbles.



Enjoy! - Htc Thunderbolt - Thunderbolt Screen Protector - Holster - Htc Thunderbolt Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • thunderbolt screen protector
  • ,
  • holster
  • ,
  • htc thunderbolt screen protector
  • ,
  • htc thunderbolt