Wednesday 29 July 2009

Canon Pixma Ink - pg-210xl, ink


Get the XL cartridges, not the regular PG-210s. According to Canon you get almost 2x more pages, for < 40% more money.



What does that mean? I emptied out my regular 210 cartridge within 1 month of rather light usage on my new Canon MP240 printer. The XL cartridge now in it is < 1/2 full but going on 6 weeks.



Soon 3rd parties will be selling replacements, but I got some OEM Canon carts for $9@ from sellers here on Amazon. You don't have to pay full price. Canon PG-210XL Cartridge (Black) in Retail Packaging

These cartridges both black and color start signalling low ink levels when you have used less than half. That means you can get good quality copying and printing for much longer.

NET take out the cartridges, gently shake em up then re-install. You will still get the low ink lights but I've made more than 100 copies after those lights appear. Seems to be a ploy to encourage waste of ink and therefore more sales for the cartridges.

The 210XL has 66% more ink than the regular 210 cartridge. (15ml vs 9ml) And it isn't much more expensive, so save yourself some long term money and buy the XL.



And while you can go with a generic, certain consumer magazines have shown that generic cartridges and refill kits end up costing you more and giving you less quality than the manufacturer ink.

I got a bundled Canon MX340 with my recent purchase of a Mac Book Pro. The printer was set up in my home network such that anyone could print from their PC/Mac/Laptop. I needed to print a PDF file with over 250 pages and thus decided to buy a spare ink cart as I expected the one that came with the printer to run out (old Epson printer did about 150 pages on average). As expected the low ink warning came on at about page 12/13 (I assumed that others on the network had been using the ink for a fair bit). Replaced with a brand new 210 cart and resumed the printing. I got a rude shock when the low ink warning came back on after about 30 pages of print. Thinking it was an error or sensor malfunction, I decided to ignore it and continued printing. After the 38th page it was completely dry. The shocking thing was, I even set the printer to print on "fast", and color intensity on "-50" (as grey/light as possible to reduce ink ussage). I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened if I printed it on "Normal" or "High Quality".



This is a heads up to students, home offices and basically anyone who needs to print a fair bit, these guys run out fast. VERY FAST.

This product is a HOAX. I bought it along with the printer recently because my HP was guzzling ink. The XL cartridge only printed 30 or so pages (of 12 pt text) before being empty. The 'beginner' cartridge that came with the printer printed 5x that. What a joke. This product is more than defective. It's outright dishonest, what's the term... highway robbery??



I wouldn't waste my money if I were you. BTW, the printer's pretty sweet so far (that is if I can find a way to feed it reasonably)!

I don't do nearly as much printing as I did when I first got my printer, but this cartridge has lasted for more than half the semester now. I print weekly for numerous assignments so this cartridge has done wonders.

everything was as promised. worked perfectly with the printer i had and it was way cheaper than the stores' asking price and it has more ink than the regular 210. ill buy here again when it runs out. nice.

Didn't really count how many pages I could print with one cartridge, but it seemed like a lot. (I'm a college student so I print very frequently.) Quality is not compromised even when I set the print quality at "fast" (and the printer consequently uses less ink). - Canon - Pg-210xl - Canon Pixma Ink - Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information