Thursday 30 July 2009

Finish Staplers - finish staplers, staplers


I've used many brands of nail guns with various prices and qualities. The Hitachi Narrow Crown Finish Stapler definitely one of the best considering the low price. Light, and easy to use, it also has a switch for single shot or bump action which is wonderful. Most homeowner will feel much comfortable with single shot and able to check how many staple left with exposed rail. With a short practice, most people can gain most of the control of this staple and use it with ease. It has no problem driving 1 1/2 into wood and I felt it doesn't use much of air pressure as my compressor stay quiet longer than some other nail guns with similar capability.



The only thing I don't like is the kit does not come with sample staples and lubricant. It is not that I don't have them at home but it means the case does not design with designated places for those. minus one star for that. Hitachi N3804AB3 1 1/2-Inch 18-Gauge Narrow Crown Finish Stapler

One thing I will add that the other reviewers did not mention is that this stapler packs a heck of a wallop. The power of this lightweight unit really amazed me.



The truth is, I did not know what to expect. I have never owned an air-powered stapler or nail gun. I planned to use this Hitachi stapler to put up kraft-faced insulation, and then later use it for trim work. Yeah, right. I loaded it with 0.50" staples. They went right through the paper tabs on the insulation and kept on going into the studs. I had to look hard to find them because they had been sunk so deeply.



I turned the air pressure down to 70 PSI, which is the minimum operating pressure and set the stapler's depth adjustment to minimum. No dice. Too powerful! I went back to using my Arrow T-50 Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Special.



I decided to get to know this little monster better. So I ran a test to see what it could do. I loaded it with 1.50" Senco staples and fastened a piece of 7/16" Oriented Strand Board (OSB) to some wall studs in about five seconds. Extremely impressive! I showed my science project to my wife.



She said, "Very nice. Now take it down. It looks terrible stuck up there."



I tried to pull the test piece off the wall with my bare hands, but it would not budge. Then I tried to pull it off with a 22 oz. framing hammer. That didn't work either. Finally, I had to use a 3-foot long pry bar. Geez, talk about embarrassing.



My last futile effort involved trying to recycle the test piece of OSB by attempting to extract the 1.5" staples I had shot into it. I won't tell you what happened except to say the OSB went into my woodstove, staples and all.



Here is a tip: Whatever you staple with this Hitachi stapler is forever.



UPDATE, October 2010: This stapler is still going strong. I have put up 1536 sq. ft. of 3/8" plywood using the stapler and have done various other jobs with it. I have run nearly 3000, 1 1/2" staples through the unit and have not experienced a single jam or other malfunction.



As for maintenance, all I have done is cleaned the unit with compressed air and sprayed some WD-40 on its moving parts. Of course, the stapler gets five to eight drops of air tool oil before each work cycle.

The Hitach is a nice looking tool, light weight, and it is cool. When loading the bolt draws back and locks. Staples fit over the rail tightly, but slide smoothly, release button is easy to operate and positive (not sloppy).



The stapler needs at least fifty pounds of pressure, but will sink the 1.25 inch staples perfectly into pine at that setting. It uses little air, so the compressor isn't called on much.



In "automatic" bump mode this gun will shoot all day. I was stapling 3' lengths of chicken wire to a wooden frame. The gun has never jammed.



As much as I hate manual staplers, I love this tool!



It is a joy to use, and accurate. I highly recommend this tool.

This stapler drove all staples under the surface. The depth adjuster is not designed correctly and will not hold the stapler far enough away from the material. If you always want to drive 1/16th under the surface, this is a good stapler. But, if you want to drive just flush or just to the surface, you will have to put a spacer under the foot. I tried another Hitachi, and it had the same defect. I bought the Porter Cable and it works flawlessly. Amazon refunded all of my money including return shipping. I find it very rare to get a better deal than Amazon anywhere on the 'net.

These narrow crown staples are wonderful. They deform when they go in. That's why they hold so very well. Plus, they do not split your workpiece. PLUS, they are very inexpensive per each. I even used them to fasten cedar to cedar -- which doesn't always like nails.



This Hitachi stapler itself is everything the other reviewers say it is -- except that there is actually a little room in the case for enough staples to do a small job. Much nicer to use than the old stapler I wore out.



When you buy it, you might consider getting a selection of different length staples.

We needed to purchase another stapler for our custom cabinet shop. Wanted something durable, but light weight. We have had Hitachi brad guns for years and never had any issues, so for less then a C-note we got this unit.



Fits your hand well, easy to load and easy to use.



It has plenty of power pushing 1 1/4 staples into hardwood without any problems. It will be interesting to see how this unit holds up in the long run, all indications indicate no reason to be concerned.



Only negative that I have found is that you can't load two full clips of staples - the magazine isn't long enough.

Picked this up today from local big box store (as a replacement for a Bostich, but that's another review). I was going through the manual and when I tried to adjust the staple depth, the wheel that's supposed to turn got stuck and never moved again. I'm taking it back tomorrow. - Staples - Finish Staplers - Staplers - Narrow Crown Stapler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • narrow crown stapler
  • ,
  • staplers
  • ,
  • finish staplers
  • ,
  • staples