Thursday 30 July 2009

Cell Phone Screen Protector - ipod, screen protectors


I have to jump into the fray here with another perspective, but first the disclaimer. I am not promoting Fellowes Writeright products, and I do not work for Fellowes or any affiliate.

Now, any number of reviews complained of the difficulty of getting a "clean" installation. I found similar reviews for other protectors as well, so finally I had to pick one. The Fellowes was in my "price range" so I chose it first.

I am quite satisfied with the installation (just completed). Yes, I did get "bubbles," and No, the little squeegie didn't get them out, HOWEVER, when I turned the machine on, they simply were not visible, even with fairly dark photos displayed. And since the cutting to size was pretty easy (though I was careful, and would recommend a maginfying glass on a stand to be as careful as I am prone to be), I have to say that the installation was successful.

When my PDA is off, I see the "imperfections" that look like water marks rather than "bubbles" but it won't impair my satisfaction with actually using my PDA.

I can't speak for the longevity of these protectors, but at least "out of the box," I am satisfied... Fellowes 90002 Writeright Universal Screen Protectors, Pack of 12

I really have a problem when I read these reviews, not only on this product but others as well, and I have read a lot of them, when people complain when they haven't even given the product a chance to prove its worthiness because they are way too impatient to truly check the product out. I say this because, I agree that these screen protectors do scratch really easy especially if you use some sort of "squeegie" to apply them with. Because of all that scratchiness, they do appear slightly fuzzy and not shiny and clear like other brands. But, when my phone is on and the LCD is lit, I see no issue what so ever. My screen is still very easy to read and appears much like it would without some sort of screen protector on. Now, the very interesting part is about the bubbles that most of you are complaining about. Yes, when I installed mine, there were a few bubbles, some smaller and one very large one. At first I was annoyed by this but you have to remember, you have to make sure your screen is ultimately clean and free of debris before you ever install these or any other brand of screen protector. Otherwise, any dust spec on your screen before you apply the protector will cause a bubble. If you touch the "sticky" side of the protector before installing it, this will cause bubbles and it will NOT adhere to your screen very good. But, if you have patience like me and loose some of that angriness most of you seem to put forward, I have noticed that within a few days, without me doing any other proding or scratching to try to get rid of the bubbles, the bubbles have disappeared and taken care of theirselves. Imagine that. Because of that reason alone, I will NOT be pealing this one off and trying anything else. I like that it has an extra stickiness and it stays in place really well. The fact that I can still view my screen without any differnce makes me think these aren't near as bad as some of you folks complain about. Now, I can admit that I haven't tried using my phone outside in the bright sun yet. My phone use is mostly restricted to in home use. But, I can say, as with ANY device with an LCD screen, whether it be a laptop, cell phone, Ipod, digital camera....anything with an LCD screen, you can't see them well outside anyway. You have to admit that to yourself. The brightness of the direct sun tends to fade what you see once you are outside. So those of you complaining that these protectors make too much glare (glare? really?) in the sun, I say lighten up! I had a cell phone once that when the LCD screen was exposed to the sun, the sunlight actually lit it up differently and made it easier to see outside. I had a car stereo that did the same thing...when sun hit the display, it still lit up by the sunlight so you could still see it. I feel more LCD products need to consider this, but we are not reviewing them. So anyway...I just feel you people need to lighten up and not be so critical all the time. That's one problem of the state of the world as it is, umungst other things!!!

I took a chance on these screen protectors to use on my Panasonic FZ35 Lumix, because I was tired of cleaning nose prints off the LCD viewfinder.



The sheets a big enough to get two coverings from each sheet. They're thicker than I thought they might be, which is good. The hardest part was getting the film to separate once I cut the sheet in half. Other than that, the pattern on the cover sheet makes it easy to measure and trim to just under the full screen size.



People who complain about the bubbles, just don't get it, or just don't have the patience. It's easy. Once the cover is trimmed and peeled, keep your fingers off the sticky side, and start by placing the sheet along the top edge at one of the corners. Then just let the sheet fall into place. The reason you cut it slightly smaller than the actual screen, is to allow for less than perfect alignment.



If you have a bubble, or bubbles, ignore it. First off, you can't see the bubble with the display lit. And second, like another reviewer said, the bubbles go away after a day or two once the cover relaxes.



These protectors are kind of a matte finish and only slightly reduce the sharpness of the LCD. The stickiness is just enough to hold them in place, easily removed with no residue, provided it doesn't get hot, which will cause the adhesive to gel. They're inexpensive, easy to apply and remove, and work great.



[...] - Fellowes - Cell Phone Screen Protector - Ipod - Screen Protectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • ipod
  • ,
  • screen protectors
  • ,
  • cell phone screen protector
  • ,
  • fellowes