Thursday 30 July 2009

Canon Black Ink - mp620, cannon ink


I picked up a Canon MP620 as a new all-in-one for my printing needs at college. I prefer having paper in my hands to read assignments; it's easier to read than a computer screen and it gives me the ability to highlight important points. My Epson Stylus CX6000 wasn't getting the job done; the ink "ran out" too fast.



After printing about 350 pages or so in a month's worth of mostly black and white printing (yeah, it's a lot!), the Canon MP620 started to complain about running out of the PGI-220 ink. I rushed to buy this cartridge, fearing that I might run out of ink before it arrived. Well, it "ran out" soon after I got the cartridge. And... it's still printing just fine.



A great thing about the printer this ink cartridge runs on: you have the option to keep printing even after the cartridge's microchip estimates that the ink has run out. My old Epson printer did not give me that option, even though I knew ink was still left inside. 100 pages after "running out," the old cartridge is still running strong; I haven't even opened the replacement yet!



Long story short, you're definitely getting more out of your cartridge here than the microchip tells you. Just keep printing until it no longer prints! It's safe to say that you can get at least 500 pages out of this black cartridge, easy! The price you pay is nothing compared to the mileage you get out of this cartridge. Great value! Canon PGI-220 Ink Tank (Black) in Retail Packaging

I am the satisfied owner of two canon printers (Pro9000 and MP620) and am a relatively low volume, high quality printer user. I can't add anything specific regarding the quality or longevity of this ink, however I would like to point out that while the price is less on Amazon, Staples does have a very nice recycling program for used ink cartridges of all types. I would say that tossing these when they are empty may not be inline with Amazon's new greener packaging initiative, and return mailers (uninsured, and not tracked) may be a cost-effective way to improve overall user experience for this product.

I use this ink for my MX860, and I love how it has a clear body. When your printer says there is no ink left, there is NO INK! I never see a single drop left over from a used up cartridge. Also, I like Canon inks because they come with an LED that manually tells you how much ink is left. If the red LED blinks rapidly, then it means that there is no ink left. If is blinks intermittently, it is saying that there is less than 50% left.

I bought this ink because in the item, Amazon provides a drop down of printers that this ink cartridge works with. According to that drop down selector, it would fit my printer. I got the ink today, opened it up to put it in, and guess what? It doesn't fit. Now, because I have opened the item, I can't return it. I am very frustrated and wasted $15.

If you're like me, running your Canon printer on a Mac, you can save yourself a lot of headaches by setting your printing to Greyscale under the "quality" settings when you go to print something. These tanks last a while, unlike the color ones.

I could have gotten it cheaper at Walmart, but who really wants to venture in to the wild wild Walmart when I can get it for a buck fifty more from the comfort of my own lazyboy? It lasts long enough to keep me happy, it's easy to use, and other than the buck fifty more than the same product at Walmart, I can't complain... and for me that's saying a lot. I complain about everything. - Canon Black Ink - Mp620 - Ink Cartridge - Cannon Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information