Thursday 30 July 2009

Audio Cables


Screw the bad hype about this product!



I bought a cord half the length and at 5 times the cost of this one and this one works just as great or even better. Idiots claiming it falls out....well then, quit kickin your stuff around! Seriously, what the heck are you peoples doing for it to fall out?!?!? This clicked in BETTER vs the shorter cable (phillips) I purchased at a name brand store!



Product came as pictured with the protective tips that stay attached to the cord after removal. The shorter more expensive Phillps cord i bought? Those tips weren't attached to the cord and have disappeared. Weak. Eforcity Black Molded 12 Foot Digital Optical Audio TosLink Cable for CD, D/A Converters, Dolby Digital DTS Surround sound receivers, DVD, MiniDisk players and recorders, Pro Audio cards

It's less than $5 including shipping! Why are you still reading? I've had this for about 6 months and have had absolutely no problems with it. Honestly, I had such little trouble with it I forgot all about it. That's why my review has been postponed so long. On to the review. Here's my setup: I have all my accessories plugged into my TV (PS3, XBox, VCR) and have this cable going from my TV Audio out into my 5.1 surround sound DVD player. The sound is great (kills those annoying VGA red/white cables). Sure, it COULD fall out... if you are constantly sliding your TV around. But if your TV and surround are stationary, you will have no problems at all. Surely you have $5 lying around. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

This cable works. My cable came almost exactly as shown in the picture, albeit the tip covers were not connected to the cable as is shown in the picture, but as separate easy-to-lose caps. It's got 2 male fiber optic ends, connected by 12 feet of cable. The ends plug in and have a reassuring and positive "click" into both my xbox 360 and logitech z-5500 system, which is sure to not wiggle loose. Sound obviously comes out of all speakers on my 5.1 surround sound system. No issue there, as it's transmitting digital data. I have no clue what, in a home theater environment, could possibly add interference to a fiber optical signal? A star erupting in your living room?



One thing to mention is that the cable part is quite thin (maybe 3.5 or 4 mm in diameter). The only downside of this that I could see is that it's probably easier to destroy the cable if you were to accidentally place heavy furniture over it, but I don't see this being an issue for most people. On the flip side, it's quite easy in stringing from my xbox, out of my TV unit, and to my 5.1 receiver without having to move my TV or TV unit, since the cable is thin and flexible. Some thicker cables, like HDMI or super-shielded fiber optic cable, can be troublesome and require you to move your TV unit in order to actually bend the cable behind your TV.



I'd definitely recommend this cable over more expensive alternatives.

I couldn't believe the price of this 12-foot TOSLINK cable. With shipping, it was still under $6 and it arrived in a huge hurry with standard shipping (Priority Mail - got to me in one business day!). At brick-and-mortar stores I have shopped and at competing internet vendors, the price was in the $20 to $50 range.



The only issue is that the ends aren't quite big enough so the cable won't stay in the Optical S/PDIF socket. There is a ten-second fix: simply cut out a 1-inch square of the plastic bag it came in, fold it over once (so it's double-thickness), punch a little hole with a small screwdriver in the middle of the area and stick the optical end of the cable through this. Then, stick the assembly in the S/PDIF socket. The plastic acts as a shim and makes for a really tight, reliable connection that won't ever pull out by accident.



It works greaaaat!!!! and the price is awesome!

Total POS, The cable is cheap cheap cheap. Wont even waste my time trying to get a replacement or refund. On this one you get what you pay for. Literally self destructed in my hands. The sleeve aroung the optical calble broke when inserted into the port. And no this was not the shipping protector.

Though I've only had this for a bit, it's done the trick of connecting my computer to my surround sound system. I've used a DVI-to-HDMI cable to send the video signal to my a/v receiver (and then to the TV), and this optical cable did the trick for getting the sound there digitally (as my receiver wouldn't mix a digital video feed via HDMI with analog sound). So far so good, and much cheaper than many alternative cables. Eforcity cables have solved my problems without breaking the bank, yet again.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Audio Cables Audio Cables Audio Cables