Wednesday 29 July 2009

Notebook Sleeve - notebook sleeve, acer aspire one


I already have and very much like a slightly-larger version of this for my Dell Latitude D620 computer at work, so this was an easy purchase decision. My Eee PC 1000 already came with a similar neoprene case, but a big too big for the computer alone, yet not big enough to also hold the AC adapter and a mouse, plus no way to keep them from scratching the computer if I'd jammed them all in together.



The Caselogic LNEO-10 is just enough smaller to properly fit the 1000, with a separate zipped compartment that can accomodate both the AC adapter and a mouse. Though the result looks a bit lumpy, it works well. I also very much like the handles on the LNEO-10. They are comfortable in use, and easily fold out of the way when not in use. Case Logic LNEO-10 Ultraportable Neoprene Notebook/iPad Sleeve Fits 7 to 10.2-Inch Tablets (Black)

I picked up one of these cases for my EEE PC 1000h and it fits pretty close to perfectly. The pocket on the side is big enough to hold the power adapter and a mouse. The top handles are more useful than I would have thought, since I intended to mostly carry this case inside a messenger-style bag, but I've found it quite handy to just carry the computer in just this case. The case seems reasonably well padded, probably not enough to protect a laptop from a serious drop but enough to protect it from the occasional bump. The only thing I could ask for would be for a pocket on the other side. I'm pretty satisfied with this case.

I like the design, it's a pretty tiny case. I bought it following a recomendation for my Lenovo S10 that looks awesome in white color. So what I can not accept at first, is that the red cover inside the sleeve stains the charguer and cables that ARE WHITE. CASE LOGIC MUST HAVE TO CORRECT THIS SITUATION.



If you have a black or dark netbook you'll never realize about the stains, but what if you put a document inside?

I did not notice the external pocket when I made my purchase. I was surprised to see it.



EEE 1000 fits inside the main compartment well and the power adapter fits inside the other pocket. It is not as smooth and flat when the power adapter is put in the pocket, but it is convenient for grabbing everything as one set.

The Samsung NC10 fits nicely. Not a snug fit by any means, but close enough to keep it from flopping around in the case. The external pocket holds the NC10 power supply, Bluetooth mouse and has room left for two extra batteries, a small USB router and a couple of very small items like a flash drive. The pocket will be misshapen and lumpy, but all your stuff will be in one place.



The carrying handles are soft and easy to hold.



Overall construction is typical Caselogic: very well made.



I have one small lament: no loops for a shoulder strap. My opinion is that all carrying bags should have loops o shoulder straps.



Other than that small item (and it is indeed a lament, not a complaint), the Caselogic LNEO-10 Ultra-Portable Neoprene Notebook Sleeve is an inexpensive, durable and expandable way to carry and protect your netbook.



Jerry

After trying out several different cases/sleeves for my Toshiba NB205 and being disappointed with each, I stumbled upon this Case Logic Notebook sleeve. It has been an exceptional choice in that it stretches nicely and so will easily accommodate the 6-cell battery which extends out from the back of my netbook. The pocket on the front on the bag is just large enough to squeeze in a mouse and the charging cord for my computer, although it is very "lumpy" when everything is zipped in. It definitely helps to wind up the cord prior to storing it.



One of the nicest features of the bag is the handle. It is a well-built double handle that offers a secure way to carry the computer. This case would be perfect for any of the 10.1" netbooks.

This sleeve is superior to most because:

1) It is made by Caselogic (they make excellent accessories for computer items such as flash drives, memory cards, CD books and so much more. I have owned their product for several years and they are of superb quality. Hence I bought this and am delighted.

2) The outside pocket is a very big reason I bought this case and it holds: My mini retractable mouse, small mouse pad, and a small pouch with my flash drives.

Note that the power cord is somewhat bulky inside this sleeve, however, I fixed this problem by slipping my sleeve inside my ziptop briefcase and place the power cord inside the inside inner pocket. Then I am all set to go!

Also I found that this case has excellent padding for my Acer Aspire One netbook and am very pleased with it.

I recently bought one of these cases to try out on my new Toshiba Mini NB205-N330BN 10.1-Inch Sable Brown Netbook, which has the infamous "9-Hour Battery Bulge", making it difficult to fit in some standard cases. It fits perfectly. The case is small, and I confess to feeling a little self-conscious at times because of its similarity to a purse, but the neoprene protection is fantastic, and the stretchiness allows you to easily fit an additional mouse and/or power pack in the front pocket. Although it does look pretty lumpy when you do that.



It's such a solid build that I honestly don't think I'll ever need another one -- it really does feel like it's built to last. It's good enough that I immediately ordered one for my girlfriend, one for my mom, and one for my stepdad who all have Toshiba NB205 netbooks. - Netbook - Notebook Sleeve - Case - Acer Aspire One'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information