Tuesday 28 July 2009

Socks


These socks are a great buy! Well made, soft & comfortable. But I do agree that were a tiny bit thicker than anticipated. So, if what you are really seeking is a thin sock without any band at the top that might be binding to your circulation (because you are diabetic, or because you have thicker calves, or because you simply get hot feet...), then I suggest that you check out the other women's Gold Toe socks that I recently bought: Gold Toe Women's Casual Crew Sock. (The pictures look the same but these others of the same Gold Toe brand are much lighter weight and were terrific too!) Gold Toe Women's 3-Pack Weekend Sock, Black size 9-11

These socks are very comfortable and soft but they are a thicker, heavier weight than I was expecting, and I prefer a lighter sock. So they are a 3 for me, but could easily be a 5 for you if you like toasty toes.

I got these socks to wear to work, since I work in a "business casual" environment. And I made a BIG mistake when I bought them. I should have gotten several packages at the same time. They're very comfortable and are holding up a lot better than my department store brand socks ever did. (One pair of those had a hole after two or three wearings!) They are definitely thicker than a dress sock, and slightly thicker than some casual socks, so if your shoes fit very tightly, these are probably not the socks you want. They are not as thick as a heavy winter wool or hiking sock, however. They are great with my casual shoes, though, and work very well with my work shoes. I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for socks. The colors were very nice, too. Nice to get some quality socks that aren't shocking white for a change.

High cotton content, durable, a good weight for three seasons in the northwest. I'd like a bit more lycra content for ease, but these are a very high quality sock. The two black pair were a bit tighter and thicker feeling than the gray pair.

I bought these socks almost a year ago and I am still wearing them. I wear them at least once a week and not one pair has gotten a hole or worn through on the heel (which tends to be a problem with most other socks). I bought the black socks and they haven't faded from the repeated washings like other brands I have purchased.

Looking at the variety of Gold Toe socks on the market, I had been searching for chance to replicate some Gold Toe socks I had owned for years (now looking pretty shabby). I wear them every day working as a nurse, and I like them thin; thin they are... These looked very similar to mine but when they arrived, I realized looks can be deceptive. They have a polyester feel as mine feel softer and more cottony. They also have a very tight band at the top. They do wash well and hold their shape beautifully.

These socks are great. They're of a very high quality and aren't paper-thin like other cheaper socks. I can't imagine these ever becoming threadbare or getting holes in them.



I ordered several sets and will be ordering more - I already got rid of most of the other socks I owned!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Socks Socks Socks