Monday 27 July 2009

Computer Accessories - camcorder, hd video


I was a little skeptical about buying a "b-stock" item because it says the box is damaged in some way. I eventually ordered the item with free shipping and it took a little over a week to have it delivered to me(can't complain; it's free shipping after all). As I carefully opened the box, I realized the so-called "b-stock" item looked like it was brand new. What a great deal. For those who are wondering if the package includes a hdmi cable, it doesn't. So, I bought a hdmi cable so I could plug the vado directly into my hdtv. I took a couple of test shots around my home then plugged the Vado into my hdtv. The quality was great. Transferring the video files to my pc was a breeze. The quality looked clear and crisp on my 22" monitor. B-Stock Creative 2nd Generation Vado HD Pocket Video Camera 4GB (Black Gloss)

Got my Vado today and it works GREAT. Just as advertised on Win7 64-bit. I don't know why they call this version "B-stock." It says on the Amazon page that it might have a damaged box, etc, but mine came brand new and sealed in a perfect, factory-sealed box. Nothing B-stock about it. If you're considering a Vado, don't bother paying full price. Get this "B-stock" one and get the same thing for about 50% less!

The Vado 2nd generation HD camcorder is very competitive in quality with the Flip, RCA EZ, and Kodak series digital camcorders. Below are the pros and cons.

Pros: At this Amazon price, the Vado costs far less than the comparative competitors, the Vado wider screen videos encompass more background objects than the other brands, the overall video HD quality is very good, it is very easy to use,and has replaceable batteries.

Cons: Built in is 4 gig of storage and there is no card slot to add more memory, it records sound in mono rather than stereo,included software is pretty basic, no image stabilization function.

* Important note: I recommend the 2nd generation Vado over the 3rd generation Vado. Although the 3rd generation records in stereo and has 8 gig built in memory vs the 2nd generation's 4 gig, comparison video tests show that the 2nd generation's video quality is much better. Unknown why Creative Labs was unable to keep the video quality the same.

Summary: For the price and video quality, difficult to beat this camcorder.

I prefer the flat matte finish over the glossy finish (both are available) to eliminate the finger print issue.

I was a little worried in how the condition of the item was going to be in. Since a review or two, said that their unit came all scratched up and etc. I was very pleased to that when I received my package, it was Brand New in box.. and sealed! Just a few things [good & bad] to keep in mind.



-This pocket camcorder lacks the function of taking still pics (although, to make up for that... there is a feature in the software that allows you to create still pics with videos you have taken with the camcorder.. but the result of the still pic isn't really that great]



-Software is a bit old, although I do like the fact that the software is inside the storage of the camcorder.



-Software is really good and easy to use when it is updated to the latest version. (go to creative's support site for the latest software) It supports uploading to youtube, facebook and a couple of other websites.



-720p quality while being very easy on the wallet. This is good for people who would like to take a camcorder with them to a party, or an event that is about an hour or 2 long.



-Very user friendly button layout, learning curve is very low.. [took about a couple of minutes to get accustomed to the buttons and their functions.]



-built in storage is a plus for me [since I always end up losing my flash memory cards]

i received my package after a week but that was the only downside

its a good camera way easy to use buttons are perfect and the device is light and small

may not zoom in alot but its good quality 720p HD footage perfect for YOUTUBE using and easy to

upload videos.

the box came with this

-silicon cover

-battery

-usb extention cable

does not come with the mini HDMI but i bought one seperately and

it works fine on my 42'inch HDTV

I can carry this above the visor in my car or in my shirt pocket and have it with me when I may need it. I can take little snippits of video and freeze a picture from it. It's better then a regular camera because you can move the image forward or back until you have just the right picture. 4GB was plenty. I only take video of family stuff and short events with it. I'm not videoing a whole baseball game or wedding with it but I can video the kiss, and the eating of the cake, stuff like that.

Bought this last week - B stock is great deal. Nothing wrong with actual unit and even the box which they claimed was going to be in bad shape was perfect aside from a few white scratches and wrinkly manuals. Was in a big hurry to get it working and without thinking I put the battery in backwards which makes the USB logo stay on forever while charging and not boot when not charing (obviously). This is a design flaw because this is more common than one would think.



Anyway, recorded a short video and it looks great on my laptop screen. Def a good purchase because mine is like its brand new for $100 less than retail! Can't wait to mount it to my mountain bike this summer! Also, I am going to take with me on vacation in Hawaii and now that I see how nice it is, I am even more excited to use it!



5 STARS - Hd Video - Vado - Camcorder - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information