Friday 31 July 2009

Camera Batteries - camera batteries, d3100


When I received this battery. It did not say "Nikon". I believe this to be false advertisement unless I missed some fine print. The only print on the battery is: "Lithium Ion BATTERY PACK for EN-EL14 7.4V 1050mAh" on one side and Made in China on the other. It has the same shape as my Nikon D3100 DSLR battery that came with my camera, but my original battery says 7.4V 1030mAh 7.7Wh. When I put the battery in the camera it said, "! This battery cannot be used. Choose battery designated for use in this camera." Not Happy to Have to Return This Item. BEWARE!!! Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Nikon D3100 DSLR, D5100 DSLR, and P7000 Digital Cameras

It's a New Nikon Factory battery and it works exactly as advertised. I always prefer factory batteries because the camera warranty still applies if there is a problem caused by the factory battery. This is not the case with a third party battery. You could easily ruin a four hundred dollar camera because you saved five dollars and be left with no warranty coverage. I highly recommend Nikon batteries.

I bought this as a spare for my D3100. In order to get the best battery life out of it, you need to go through a few charge-discharge cycles to condition it properly; when it starts getting low, use the Live View or flash to wear it down all the way before recharging. Usually when a battery charger light stops blinking, it indicates the battery has 85+ percent charge; keep it on the charger for another hour or so to give it a full charge. Also, using the Live View mode along with the pop-up flash will drain your battery quickly, so try using the View finder and get yourself a speedlight flash. I've used this for 9-10 hours before running low enough to change to my spare. Oh, and change your camera settings so the Auto Off Timers don't stay on long. You'll get plenty of juice out of this battery if you use it right.

For long trips, an extra battery is almost a necessary. There's really not much to say about a battery.......these work great for my Nikon D3100. So far I've been getting about 600-650 shots (mostly without a flash) per charge. Works great!

This product came on time and its worth it to get an extra battery to truly max out potential for each battery and not have the burden to charge a battery that doesnt need to be charge yet..price equals value.. - Camera Batteries - D3100 - Nikon Battery - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information