Monday 27 July 2009

Swim Gear - swim gear, tommy


Product is good but I wear size 10.5 to 11 shoes, the 11 - 13 barely fits my feet, I sent one pair back, then had to reorder, so I will use the 11-13. I would order at least 2 sizes large than you think you need. TYR Crossblade Training Fins, LG (9-11)

After hearing so many reviews of fins being small and having size 14 boats I ordered XXXL 15-17 first thing. They were actualy too big! I returned them to Swim2000 in exchange for the XXL and they were way too small, Going back to swim2000 they suggested Auqasphere Alpha fins (a little funky looking) but they work great. I am not knocking the TYR fins just the sizing discrepancy. And Swim2000 was great!

I got this on the advice of a fellow swimmer who was also recovering from knee surgery for acl repair. I wanted to condition, balance and strengthen my legs and knees without adding stress to my knee joint. so far this has worked very well. I can really feel it for a workout, but it has not put any stress on my knee that I can tell (flutter kick from hip only) and no pain. :) a swim shop owner with a daughter with many knee injuries also highly suggested this fin. online reading of knee injured folks all show the split fin style to be the one that is knee-gentle. the color is based on the size. i have the yellow (size 39-40 or 6-7 M) size, and my foot size is 8 1/2 minimum but usually a 9 womens. this has good propulsion and a comfortable foot pocket. it feels and looks well built. - Swimming - Swim Gear - Tommy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information