Monday 27 July 2009

Outdoor Recreation - hooks, outdoor recreation


Okay, starting from the outside in:



The "tackle box" this comes in is useless (even if the latch hadn't been broken), I threw it away.



In the way of lures, there are a bunch of the usual cheap jigs and plastic worms that come with all these kits. If you've ever bought a tackle kit you've already got plenty of these. What you might not have are the two nice spoons and cute little spinner rig that are in here.



The selection of sinkers is excellent, with an assortment of split shot sinkers in three sizes plus a couple of sliding "bullet" sinkers I didn't have. The four floats are nice.



Most of the 137 pieces are hooks, of course. Unfortunately all of these are too small for anything but bait fish. They do come in a handy little container that will keep them from spilling all over my tackle box. There are also some small spinners and snaps that could be useful with very light tackle. The small pieces came in a little divided spin-top box that I'm holding on to.



The little hand held line is a joke as is the multi-purpose plastic tool. The stringer line will useful.



All in all, worth about what I paid for it. South Bend 137 Piece Deluxe Tackle Kit

For what I wanted and for what I paid, I got exactly that. The kit was complete and suited my requirements perfectly. There's enough of everything to set you up for an enjoyable fishing experience. The range of hook sizes is adequate and there's enough sinkers to go around. There's a few lures and a fly or two, just what you need to get started.

I actually got the "Pocket Size Fishing Survival Kit" with shipping it came to over $12.00. I found this at a local store and it is much better kit and you get free super saver shipping. This is a great kit with a lot of sinker, bobs, lures and so on. If using for an emergency kit you can throw the packaging out and use a zip lock bag.



I wish I would have found this kit first I would have bought it over the survival one and saved myself money and trouble.

These combo sets of gear are pretty easy to find around these parts. And for the most, not a bad deal. There is nothing to stop someone that is in the mind of setting some youngin' up for his first fishing trip from buying most or all of these items separately, but I seriously doubt you could do it for cheaper than what this kit is made up of for the price. Although its true that just about all these tackle kits that promise a whole lot of pieces end up being mostly made up of small stuff, its also true that in the world of fishing, (especially beginner fishing) you will end up needing a whole lot of that small stuff. To put it simply, this kit gives you one of the best broad set ups of beginner fishing gear, along with a lot of smaller items that one will end up losing much of anyway that I have come across for the price. Since a lot of things like hooks, split shot sinkers, and rubber worms are destined to end up tangled up in trees or lost to the briny deep in tangles, all these little items are pretty much needed in the quantities they offer. Also, even though the hooks and nothing else here is really designed for anything but small bait fish, its also true that this is no doubt a beginners set, mostly for kids I would say, that aren't exactly all that ready to take on "Jaws" anyway. I bought this set for one of my grand sons, along with a small tackle box and it all has come off and performed quite nicely on his first couple of fishing outings. (With the single exception of the floats offered, I suggest you buy a few more of those separately). I was very satisfied with the kit, and the tackle box I chose. ( a good quality little two tier Plano box. Link enclosed at the end of this review). Apparently a lot more satisfied than many other reviewers that bought a tackle box that was supposedly preloaded with tackle. A lot of the reviews I read on those either ended up being shipped without the gear, or the tackle that did arrive was very disappointing. Not so with this kit. This is a really nice little set of gear that is perfect for the beginner, comes with free shipping when bundled, and I highly recommend it right here on Amazon... Plano 2-Tray Tackle Box

This kit is not perfect by any means, but for the beginner and the price, it is way worth it. I needed a beginner kit and a line to keep fish on. This kit has almost everything you need to get started. The bobbers and really poor quality, as are the split shot. The lures and ruler and fish line and hooks, etc more than make up for that. If you need a kit to get started, I recommend it. Just don't expect it to be perfect.

This kit is fine for essentials but don't expect much more. Two of the bobbers didn't work and the eye's in the jigs either were completely sealed or weren't a complete hole. Just go to your local department store and pick up a set for the same price or less at equal to better quality.

I don't like giving negative reviews. However, truth be known - this is a pretty cheap item. Bought for a trip we were taking. Thought it would keep our tackle organized. The case cracked before we arrived and it continued to get worse...



I would buy a proper small tackle box and fill it with the equipment you need. - Kids Fishing - Hooks - Tackle Box - Outdoor Recreation'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information