Monday 31 January 2011

1080p Lcd Hdtv - lcd hdtv


Very nice TV. Great picture quality, and even better sound. I usually don't expect much from built in speakers, but I have to say the ones on the RCA are impressive. I mounted the TV to the wall, and connected my HD box, and have no complaints. Sports, particularly hockey look and sound great! I would definitely recommend this TV to anyone looking for good value at an affordable price. RCA 46LA45RQ 46" 1080p Full HD LCD TV

I really feel like I got a great deal for my dollar. Right out of the box, it was very easy to set it up. My roommate and I put the whole thing together without really having to read the manuel (we glanced at it to make sure we were doing everything right, and we were, it was all very intuitive).



The picture quality is great, not overblown like the TVs in the store are (they're trying to showcase how bright everything is, but the color balance is actually way off).



The sound is pretty good, not the best. The way our living room is set up, we don't have the TV against a wall; there is open space behind the TV. I think that's why the sound isn't very good because there is no wall to deflect the sound toward the audience. But, if I just turn up the TV just a little, I can hear everything fine. One thing I learned is not to mess too much with the pre-installed sound settings. I tried this and then the speakers would get all fuzzy when there was a lot of bass in the audio... like the speakers would rattle inside the set or something.



All I gotta do is find a good set of external speakers to shoot the sound forward instead of out the back, and I'll be set!



I would recommend this TV for anyone. It's a great deal and a great size TV for the living room.

I've had this TV for a week now in my living room and have been impressed. I have a 46" Sharp LCD that I can compare this to (which cost a lot more), and this RCA stands up pretty well next to it. Picture quality is really good, sound is clear, menus are easy to use, remote is quite nice, and I've yet to find any problems. I was able to setup my Tivo remote to control this TV without any issue.



Not to get off topic, but I'd previously purchased a TCL 40" from Amazon and sent it back due to the horrible sound, no universal remote seeming to work with it, and annoyance with the on screen menu. This RCA has none of the problems the TCL had. That could be why I'm extra happy with this TV. Granted, it's only been a week... but I wanted to set some minds at ease that are considering this TV.

the price of this tv seemed to good to be true, and a few negative reviews made me a little worried, but then keep in mind there are those who have extremely high expectations OR have no clue how to use technology and blame the quality of the product rather than blame their ignorance or laziness how to figure something out.



this tv is not even hard to figure out. the menu is very easy or you can just press the 'picture', 'aspect', or 'sound' button on the remote to your preference. also, when it comes to HD quality, you also need to go into the display settings of your device (cable receiver box, game consoles, internet media boxes, dvd & blu ray). this is no different than other tvs.



so far i've connected my uverse dvr, roku box, ps3 and they all work well! i did notice the quality sucked before i changed the display settings to match the tv on the roku & ps3. i am in love with my new tv. this is my 1st TV this big. my 3rd tv i've bought and my best choice.



i've found the tv to be real loud when you turn it up all the way, so i'm not sure why you'd need it that loud anyway or why anyone would think it wasn't loud enough. if you need that much sound, than you just need to get speaker system set up.



only reason i see someone wouldn't this is just for better specs like a 120hz, LED, or usb for media... but i am not the type where those make a difference to me or use these features. i already have a roku box, so i don't need an internet ready TV. if i want to watch my media on it, i could connect my laptop via PC input.



anyways, get this tv, i don't see how anyone could hate or regret it. i'm assuming RCA took a hint about people not liking the red bar on this. i saw it before i bought it. it didn't even bother me, but my TV did not come with the red bar. either way it does not make a difference to me!

I purchased this television to replace an ailing Samsung plasma that I'd had for about 10 years. The picture is bright and crisp, as expected from an LCD, but of course the blacks are not as deep as my old plasma TV. Still, the picture quality is solid, and it's about 10 pounds lighter than my previous 42 inch. I like the positioning of the inputs: you don't have to crush your cables when wall-mounting the TV anymore (which is what eventually killed my old Samsung).



The speakers are mediocre. They're a bit tinny, and when the EQ is set to amplify the lower frequencies the low end sounds very hollow. When using the audio outs, though, and running it through home theater speakers, it sounds great. My old Samsung had a little delay when using the audio outs that I'd attributed to my 20 year old receiver, and it turns out that it was the Samsung's fault. I'm very pleased with the RCA now that it's integrated into my home theater system, and use the TV speakers as a center speaker in the home theater setup.



Hard to beat this TV for the price.



UPDATE: ...And after 9 days of use, 1/2 of the LCD panel died. Amazon would have accepted the return, but I tossed the original packaging. Crap. Called RCA and they're sending a tech to my house to fix it in a couple of days. I'm disappointed, but I'll post how the repair service goes.



UPDATE ON WARRANTY SERVICE: Since I'm an idiot, I just assumed Amazon wouldn't send out a replacement TV without me sending the return first. Of course they'll send a replacement out as long as you return the other TV within 30 days, so I'm using the packaging from that TV to send back the defective one. Tech support guy did come out (provided by A&E Factory Service for RCA) and determined it was either a power supply problem or a defective panel. Ordering new parts would take a week, so I'm returning the TV to Amazon instead. Interesting thing that the Tech pointed out to me: the panel and the power supply were manufactured by Samsung. TV set was assembled in China, of course.



Dropped my rating by a star because of this quality issue, but I have to say I'm pleased with Amazon's service and at least the promptness of the warranty service. - Lcd Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information