Friday 28 January 2011

Ipad Accessory - zagg, ipad accessory


This is a good product and does everything it is suppose to. however the one huge draw back is the space bar and the bottom row of keys. The way the key board sits in the case causes the bottom row of keys to me resesed down below the wrist rests. This makes getting to the space bar a bit akward and somewhat of an uncomfortable reach At first i thought this was to keep the keys off the screen but the snap on portion of the case seems to be able to accomplish this without having the bottom of the keyboard sit so low in the case. Having only one shift key (on left) is an issue as well. I tend to favor the left shift key in my normal typing so i did not think this would be a problem, but it has taken some major getting use to. Even with these limitations my typing is much faster with the keyboard over the pop up apple key board. ONe more thing you should know when using then keyboard theipad will not automatically insert periods when you double space at the end of a sentence or auto caatilize the first word of a sentence. Again this is not a major issue but takes some getting use to since we become so dependent on these little features that make us lazy typers. All in all i give this 3 stars i could go to four is just one of the above mentioned problems was fixed. So i guess its more like 3 and 1/2 stars... Menotek iPad 2 Bluetooth Keyboard Plus Snap On Case For Apple iPad 2 3G and Wifi models 16GB, 32GB, 64GB

Although I just received it this morning, I've put the case through its paces for most of the afternoon and now evening. Previously, I had used a Kensington case that is very similar to this one. Similar, but better.



First, the iPad seems very secure. It snaps into the housing and doesn't feel as if it's going anywhere. The cutouts for the camera are very well aligned, as are the openings for the speaker. Overall it just fits. Nicely.



Second, the keyboard seems to be very responsive. The user manual that it came with stated the keyboard would charge in about 4 1/2 hours. Mine was fully charged in less than 3. It synced very easily and hasn't lost it's connection yet. We'll see how it performs as the battery drains.



Unfortunately, the really need a table to use the case. It can't just "prop" up on your lap and be functional. The small metal stand that opens as a "support leg" needs a solid surface to stand on. Otherwise, it simply topples over. You can fold the keyboard around to the back, but this makes it feel as if you are holding the unabridged Webster's dictionary. With the Kensington case, you are able to prop the iPad onto the keyboard (a ledge made specifically for this). No such luck with the Menotek. Also, even though there is a strap, the enclosure is very sloppy. It doesn't align well, and moves back and forth (or side to side) as you walk. It's not great.



But, in the end, I have a bluetooth keyboard that functions well, and my iPad 2 is protected. The keyboard is slightly recessed into the tray and seems to clear the screen as well. Keep an eye on the faux leather "hinge" because I'm sure it's going to wear in time, and possibly separate from the rest of the case. Time will tell.

This is a very nice quality case. It, in a sense, makes your iPad2 work as a touchscreen netbook with good quality leather cover. The problem is that it is so heavy, it really makes it a chore to lug the iPad2 around, which is known for it's lightweight portability. I would also have liked a little more room on the bottom edge so that I could use the Apple Smart Cover to protect the screen. It's probably not an issue since the keyboard is silicon, but I want the added protection. Also, I wish I could remove the iPad2 from the bottom of the cover and/or have the option of spinning the iPad the other direction without having to pull it out of the case entirely.



Overall, this is good quality and very durable. I would just have liked to have seen a little more versatility.

I had a iPad case plus keyboard for my ipad 1 from Menotek. After trying that, I got one for the iPad 2 as well and have love how easy it is to use and convenient. I just snap my ipad in place and it is secure and not going anywhere. I type a lot of emails and doing it on the ipad screen is always a pain. With the keyboard I am able to get my work done quickly. Connection to the keyboard takes hardly even 30 seconds and I am ready to go. I use it in all of my meetings and other people have wanted to know how they can get one as well because they see me typing so easily on it. I had tried the kensington one for my iPad 1 and it was a pain to use. Everytime I tapped on the screen it would fall down. When I want to use the Menotek one in tablet mode, I just take out the keyboard and it is easy to carry around because the main weight is in the keyboard. Other companies sell one with the keyboard glued in and you end up carrying 2lbs in your hand while using it in tablet mode which tires you out very quickly. - Zagg - Ipad Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information