Monday 31 January 2011

Mp3 Accessories - male to male, audio cable


Works great (most of the time) and the sound is much better than I ever expected. The cord is as thick as the 3.5 pin itself, so I assume it has thicker wiring than those skinny short 3.5 connector cords that are included with some devices. The 12 foot length allows me to connect my computer to my receiver at opposite ends of my bedroom, so I can play tunes from Windows Media Player or my computer's cd player or my MP3 player, into my receiver then out through my excellent Polk TSi 100 speakers and PSW 111 subwoofer. The sound is excellent, and the whole setup is a fairly convenient, inexpensive way to have some good music until I complete my music system.



So, why 3 stars? One end works great when plugged into anything, the other end works great when plugged into the receiver, but can introduce buzz or hum when plugged into a different device. If that happens, I just have to twist it a little and the buzz/hum quits, but it does show there is some problem with the cord, so the 3 stars.



I suppose I could mark it in some way so I would know which end to plug into what device.



UPDATE TWO DAYS LATER: I just tried this cord to patch my TV to my receiver. Again one end works great when plugged into either TV or receiver and the other end works fine plugged into the receiver but can be problematic when plugged into the TV.



I FIXED IT!...I noticed that the buzzing/humming also stopped when I pushed on the connector and concluded that the pin was not going into the jack far enough. After looking at the plastic sleeve on the connector I determined that the 90 degree square shoulder of the sleeve was blocking full insertion of the pin. A few minutes of trimming the plastic shoulder to about 45 degrees with a pocket knife has fixed the problem! I did both ends while I was at it. This product keeps my 3 star rating due to this design flaw. But now it works great.



Now it is a week after the trimming and the problem has not re-occurred, the trimming has fixed it. There is NO HUMMING, BUZZING, OR OTHER UNWANTED NOISE, even if the cable is moved, no matter what it is plugged into!



A MONTH LATER: Still working great! This cable has given me many hours of convenience and excellent sounding music when plugged in between my laptop's headphone jack and the front auxiliary input jack of my receiver. It is now worthy of 5 stars for performance and quality, but I upped the rating from 3 to only 4 stars because I did have to do that modification I mentioned to make it work perfectly for me. 3.5mm Stereo Male To Male Cable 12 ft.

Cable worked just fine for about 3 weeks, then started loosing sound through left side. I used this for a MP3 player and reconnected it each time I wanted to use it. So maybe if you just connect it, and then leave it alone, it would do ok. I suppose you get what you pay for considering it was only like $3 including shipping.

Just what I was hoping to get. A 12 foot long 3.5mm (1/8th inch) male to male stereo cable.

Cable is made with a nice soft outer jacket easy to coil with molded plugs. Can't beat the price. $.01 yes 1 penny. and shipping was only $2.98. Cable was shipped via DHL global mail. What happens is DHL picks up the package from the vendor and delivers to a local USP mail location and then the USP mail delivers the package to your door. Total time to receive 5 days. Not bad. It would have cost me that is gas to pick it up at the local electronic shop. peace...

This long, sturdy cable was all I needed to hook up my iPod to my receiver and control it from a far distance. It can be used for a bunch of other situations as well (laptop to receiver, iPod to car, you name it).

just crabby product. I have to twist and turn the plugs just right to get audio. The plugs just don't seem to connect snugly. This is cheap Chinese made goods with a flimsy thin cable. I shoulda know better - you get what you pay for. I previously purchased the same cable made by Cables Unlimited and it was working fine but it worn out because I moved it around quite often. But I'm going to pay a little more this and buy one with gold plated plugs instead.

It does what it's supposed to do. Like most cables of this size, it will make a ever so slight humming sound if you move it a lot, but if you have any music going whatsoever you can't hear it, only if the music is paused and you start messing with the wire. Otherwise it's perfect, carries stereo sound just fine. - Ipod Cable - 3 5 M To Audio Cable - Audio Cable - Male To Male'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • audio cable
  • ,
  • male to male
  • ,
  • ipod cable
  • ,
  • 3 5 m to audio cable