Monday 31 January 2011

Camera Case - neoprene, canon slr


I had a hard time judging the worthiness of this bag without seeing it in person, so I took a chance. First, the quality of the polystyrene and the stitching and the strap are pretty good. Second, the actual way the bag wraps up the camera was never apparent to me no matter how many web sites I looked at. Now I know; the front of the camera stuffs into it up to the back plate, a flap at the bottom-back folds over the back plate and - get this - wraps over the lens and allows the lens to stick through a hole. So it's the lens sticking through this hole that keeps the thing wrapped up. I hope that helps someone else to understand. Third, the bag isn't as convenient as i'd hoped. It seems like it might be a pain to get it unwrapped, shoot, and wrap it back up. It does, however, have a clip to attach the back to your camera strap so that it can just dangle while you shoot, and that's nice.



A problem that I have that isn't their fault - but that you might want to know about anyway - is that the bag is a bit too snug for my Nikon D50. At least it worries me how tight I have to wrap it to get the lens through the hole.



A five-star review would have meant a more convenient bag-shoot-bag process. Zing 501-101 SBK1 Standard SLR Cover (Black)

Zing is a lifesaver. I have a Canon T1i and I normally leave the kit 18-55mm lens on. I didn't like the idea of getting a special bag just for my camera that screams "steal me I'm a camera!" so this the perfect protection for throwing camera in the bottom of my normal pack and not really worrying about it. The case is snug but not tight and is very well made with strong seams and material. Overall a great product.

I purchased this camera cover in 1997 and am just now needing to replace it! I traveled 12 months in Asia, lived in Japan where I took a ton of photos for 2 years, cycle toured 6 months with this case and just now it is starting to show holes along the lens crease at the very front.

Basically, this bag rocks! It molds to your camera, is very fast to take off, is great for dropping your camera or throwing it in a backpack and keeps dust and what ever off the body. I can fit it in a purse as it is not baggy.

I highly recommend purchasing this case!!

I really wanted this cover for my Nikon D5000 since I didn't want to carry a giant camera case around. However, this standard size cover is too small for my camera with the standard kit lens. The lens was about 3.5", the problem is really with the size of the camera body. I would need the large version of this case. Conceptually, I would prefer this cover design over other soft cases but they need to provide more information on camera compatibility for this product.

I just started using the Zing 501-101 SBK1 Standard SLR Cover (Black). Since I purchased my first DSLR I have spent a fortune on different bags, trying to find the right combination of protection, portability and ease of use. None of them has been right in all situations. I think this cover is the answer. First it fits my Olympus Evolt E500 8MP Digital SLR (Body Only) withOlympus 35mm f/3.5 1:1 Macro Zuiko Lens for E Series DSLR attached perfectly. I find it easy to take the camera out for shooting. The cover stays attached to the strap with a convenient hook. The entire package is neat and compact, making it possible to use in any bag or pack as well as making it an excellent choice to simply carry as is.



I haven't tried it on my Olympus Evolt E510 10MP Digital SLR Camera with CCD Shift Image Stabilization (Body Only) but I have no reason to think, given the similarity between the two backs, that there should be any problem



Shipping from Amazon was amazingly fast. And the minimal packaging was environmentally friendly.



I've now ordered another version so that I can use it with Olympus Evolt E510 10MP Digital SLR Camera with CCD Shift Image Stabilization (Body Only) and the Olympus Zuiko 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 Digital ED SWD Lens for Olympus Digital SLR Cameras.

This case is a very nice, discreet alternative to a traditional bulky camera case. I use it for my Nikon D3000 with the 18-55mm Nikkor lens (the kit lens). The fit is perfect, and I feel that it protects the camera enough that I can just carry it in my normal travel day pack. While I don't own any other lenses, I don't think this case would fit the camera if a (physically) longer lens were attached.

So glad I bought this. It has truly changed the way I carry my camera around. I used to hate lugging my big ol' camera bag everywhere with me, but now that I have the Zing, I can just cover my camera and toss it in my regular bag. It pads and protects my camera so well! I LOVE IT.

After agonizing (an unhealthy amount) over which size to get I finally pulled the trigger on the the standard sizing. Perfect fit. You WANT this to stretch - that's how it's meant to protect the camera... Yes, it takes a bit of getting used to, but there's relatively easy trick that I've found: stand up with the camera hanging from the strap around your neck, insert camera lens first, now use the camera strap as support with lens oriented facing out (perpendicular to you standing). Use one hand to hold the top of the camera and push down around the flash boot (so it's pulling down on your neck strap) while the other hand pulls the flap UP until it's stretched out, then pull it forward and the lens should thread through the loop pretty easily...



The actual product is just what I was looking for - something light to protect the camera from the elements while backpacking. It's not super fast from zing-to-shot, but I think as I get more comfortable I'll just have the camera out and sheath it when I need to scramble or dust is kicking up, etc...



Also, I found snapsport.com to be VERY useful in comparing camera dimensions of what would(n't) fit. - Camera Bag - Photography - Neoprene - Canon Slr'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information