Saturday 29 January 2011

Itouch Accessories - case, ipod touch 3g


The OtterBox ipod touch case is the best case you can find anywhere. Trust me I tried a bunch of them.

First of all, it is basically two cases in one. You will find a hard shell case that completely encases the ipod. A clear screen cover is part of this shell. This clear screen will not change your "touch" experience one bit.



After you snap on this two piece hard shell, you will put on the rubber outer layer. This rubber outer layer is made of a rubber material that does not seem to attract too much lint like other ones do. It allows for access to the charge port and the audio jack, but also provides a flap that covers these completely. While the product does not claim to be waterproof, it comes pretty darn near and should provide ample protection against liquid accidents.



Once the case is installed, you will find that your ipod touch has been transformed from this semi delicate hardware to a very rugged one. The case is incredibly protective against falls and bumps. In addition, all this protection really adds minimal bulk to the device. I am still able to carry my ipod in the same belt pouch that I had been using before (it is one actually sold for iphones).



This case is definitely worth the money and I highly recommend it. OtterBox Defender Case for iPod touch 2G, 3G (Black)

This protective case should have been purchased when I purchased my iPod Touch. This case is not too big like I have heard people say when used on the iPhone. My iPod still slips into my pocket but not out of my pocket into the folds of the couch. (I lost my iPod in the couch at work for 3 days) The screen senesitivity is still on par when in the case compared to some static screen protectors.



Coniditions my iPod goes through: Cool, safe, bedroom > agonizingly hot desert heat > pocket of pants > tossed around in truck while driving on rough conditions (think earthquake in relation to the size of the Touch)>



Things I do on my touch: email, games, music, books, internet



The only thing I don't like is I have to take it out of the case to plug it into docking station on my radio. I wish I could find an extension cable.



Hope this helps.



Ed

Very happy with this case, now I feel more comfortable when my 6 year old plays games on it, we haven't dropped it yet, ( hopefully that will never happen ) It fits very snug doesn't move within the case ( own the 3G iPod Touch), we always use the USB cable to charge or to link with iTunes, doesn't fit in our players, speaker box, or car dock when in the case - would need to remove iPod from case to connect with all these devices ( less then a minute to remove or install ) - But that is only a small inconvenience for us.

We use it 99.9% of the time and LOVE IT!!! BEST PROTECTION YOU CAN GET !!! Bought it from Otterbox through Amazon and was very happy with their fast and great service.

The case is a perfect fit for iPOD Touch 3. Would be a 5 star except the outer "rubberized' portion of the case attracts dust and hair like a magnet - may be handy if you need a lint remover while on the road, but it does quickly accumulate and detract from the appearance of the case. Other than that, the case is a perfect fit, combination of a hard-shell with outer rubberized skin with a built in screen protector that has no impact on touch performance.



Worth the money to protect that slippery and fragile $200 + iPOD /iPhone.

I now feel comfortable letting my three year-old son play games on my iPod Touch. My only gripe is a very minor one. The plastic clamshell does not fit perfectly. It stays closed, but it squeaks just a little bit. Nevertheless, I am delighted with this product. I would not take my device swimming, but I now feel comfortable walking in the rain with it in my pocket.

11 year old boys destroy everything. Not because they want to, but because it is a right of passage. I purchased this for my son's Ipod touch that he had to purchase with his lawn mowing money. We love the ipod because of the Otterbox. Without it, his Ipod would be horribly scratched, buttons stuck, and probably some food matter stuck in the ports. I have seen him drop the unit several times and felt OK with it. I have seen his little sister pick it up and felt OK with that too.

I suggest that if you are going to allow your children, or yourself to have expensive electronics, that instead of buying the insurance, buy some reality in piece of mind. Buy an Otterbox.

I bought this case on the recommendation of a co-worker. It only gets 4/5 stars because unlike the case for IPhone they don't make a belt clip that holds it. It's also a bit bulky with the case around it so it was tough to find a belt case to fit it well. I found that the large magnetic horizontal belt case from case logic held it as long as the screen faces out and it seems to be working well. On the plus side, I feel like my itouch is extremely well protected. I use it constantly so I'm happy that I don't really need to worry if it gets dropped or its raining, etc. I also can hand this to my two year old and not sweat it getting dammaged. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to put apps on their itouch for their kids to use or anyone who wants/needs alot of protection for their itouch. - Ipod Touch 3g - Case - Screen Protector - Ipod Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information