Wednesday 26 January 2011

Sketch Books - sketch books, recommended


If you love to draw, then you will know that not all paper is created equal. The paper in this stetch pad is top quality. The paper is smooth not rough, so my colored pencils, charcoal, etc just glides across it. I love this paper! Top Flight Sketch Pad, Heavy Back, 8.75 x 12 Inches, 50 Sheets (62301)

This is an excellent general purpose sketch pad. The surface of the paper is smoother than you would normally find but personally prefer this when using colored pencils. The paper is quite heavy and the pad is stoutly bound and can take a pretty good beating.



The back of, as advertized, very heavy so you get a good working surface if you are using this think on your lap as I often to.



It should be noted that this paper is not acid free and of course should not be used for anything you are going to want to keep for any great length of time.



You do indeed get 50 sheets here and for the price, when you consider the amount and quality of paper you are getting, this is a pretty good price.

I purchased this sketch pad for my daughter as a gift and she is getting a lot of use out if it. She really enjoys the stability of the spine on the pad. She had difficulties losing pages from previous sketch pads because the spine was cheaply made and the glue didn't hold up...but has experienced none of these issues with this sketch pad. She takes it back and forth to school and feels confident that everything will stay where it needs to stay. I will be purchasing another for her when the time comes.

Item came early and in outstanding condition great seller. Outstanding paper and pad.



The paper and pad is exactly as described. This is a type of pad I have used when practicing which I am doing with shapes and mediums I have not done and used before. This may be a pad one who would like to create a portfolio with due to the sturdiness of the paper and the smoothness.



When I am learning new things this is the type of paper and pad I like to use, but for finishing products I like to use professional paper and pads... that is just me.

This is the best Sketch Pad and Quality Paper I have found for the money. I bought other kinds that were more expensive and will not make that mistake again. Highly recomend for Pencil, Oil Pastel, Pitt Artist Pens, and Charcoal Sketching.

I recieved the product, along with the pencil set I purchased with it, within just a few days of placing my order. Very speedy shipping!! I like that. As far as the product itself, I got exactly what was described and am pleased with that. This paper is great for beginners right on through to intermediate level drawing. Ofcourse, you can use this paper at any skill level, but if I were very, very good and wanted to draw something to give as a gift, put on display, or sell, paying more for higher quality paper would be well worth it. However, for anything other than very serious work, this paper does the job, plus it is inexpensive. It gets my recommendation. - Recommended - Sketch Books'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information