Thursday 27 January 2011

Combo - telescopic fishing rod


I saw the price here and thought it was a "reel" good deal. I see why it is discounted so much.

This combo is not very well balanced. It feels tip heavy although weighing just 1.25 lbs. It has a size 40 reel which is set too far forward in the grip which may contribute to the tip heavy feel. The crank is a bit wobbly when fully tightened.

The (2) rod sections are a tight fit, but I found that applying a bit of o-ring lube/light oil to the rubber on the second piece made the assembly much easier. I would call this rod a medium/heavy (fresh water) comparing to my other (2) medium/light combos.

I will use this for trolling and big fish I may encounter.

Pay a few dollars more and get a better-balanced combo.

Jackson Quantum Optix Spinning Combo Optix Reel with 7'0-Inch Medium 2 Piece Rod

My husband and I took this rod out to the 3 mile bridge in Pensacola for some speckled trout action. Instead I hooked a monster redfish that bent this rod double (I was sitting on the bow and the fish pulled the rod tip into the water and tried to take it under the boat). My hook failed not the rod. My husband then landed a 24 inch 5 lb redfish with this rod. I am very pleased with this rod. Can't wait to take it out again (maybe a nice little shark next time).

This is a great deal! I think the pole is a second though, because of not being able to fit the poles together. The rubber end on the end pole was to large to fit into the lower rod. We cut the rubber off and put glue into the lower rod and put them together. The rod works great, it is now a one piece rod! - Telescopic Fishing Rod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • telescopic fishing rod