Friday 28 January 2011

Battery Charger - dewalt battery, 18v


This charger has worked very well. I even left a weak older battery on it for a trickle charge for a couple of days with the light blinking (indicating a weak batter.) then I removed the battery and replaced it and let it attempt to charge at the normal level, and no more weak battery indicator. And yes, the battery was weak, it wasn't a faulty diagnosis the first time. DEWALT DC9310 7.2 -Volt-18 -Volt 1 Hour Charger

I have used this product for about a month now and I am impressed by the Performance and Design of this Dewalt battery charger. It's a plus that I can and do, now charge and maintain all my Dewalt and Black & Decker Pod Style batteries from 7.2 volt, all the way up to 18 volt. Which means I'll be able to up grade my cordless tools for a long time to come. Thanks.!!!!!

I've always been satisfied with the performance of my 18V Black & Decker Cordless Drill. Of course my biggest gripe is that unless you use them fairly frequently when you have the need after several months of sitting idle ALL NiCad batteries will go flat and need charging prior to use. I guess that's the price you pay for cordless convenience. Long story short...needed to use the drill, needed to charge the battery first, found the charger, stored securely in the case, suddenly wasn't working. What the heck??!! How can a battery charger that has seen absolutely no abuse, that has been stored properly suddenly and inexplicitly stop working?



Went online in search of a B&D replacement part and had a dickens of a time finding one until I came across the DeWalt which will work with the type of B&D battery I have. Based on reviews such as this one I ordered it through Amazon, received it quickly, and have been very pleased with it ever since. Superior to the B&D charger it replaced in every way. Much better construction, indicators that tell you the battery status, can leave the battery in the charger so that it's always ready(couldn't do that with the charger that it replaced) and if you decide to not leave the battery on charge long term it only takes an hour or less to be ready to go. The fact that the DeWalt charger can handle a range of battery voltages(7.2V-18V) is a plus if you have more than one voltage range in that style of battery, which I don't.



Based on my experience with the Dewalt Charger thus far, I can highly recommend it as a great replacement for anyone needing one for that style of battery. It's certainly superior to the B&D charger it replaced.

I bought this to replace the factory charger I got with my 12-volt B&D Firestorm. I had purchased a DeWalt 12-volt battery to use with the Firestorm and found that it worked well. I figured the DeWalt charger would work on the B&D batteries as well as the DeWalt. According to my research, this DeWalt charger would work with 12, 14.4 and 18 volt battery packs, providing flexibility in case I upgraded in the future.



The charger has successfully re-charged both my 12-volt batteries. It did not want to charge the DeWalt... it was far more discharged than the B&D battery. But I removed and re-inserted the "dead" battery in the charger a couple of times and finally the charger accepted and recharged the battery.



I am pleased with this unit so far.

Bought this to charge Black & Decker Firestorm batteries (PS130 / 12V) and (PS140 / 14.4V) and it works brilliantly. Doesn't burn out the first time you use it and actually charges the batteries (that Black & Decker's own chargers wouldn't).



I will never buy Black & Decker tools again and am a convert to DeWalt quality. It's DeWalt, Rigid and Ryobi for me from now on.

I am very unhappy with Max Tool. Bought this charger from Max Tool through Amazon. I purposely paid an additional $10 ($49) to get one that would be factory sealed and with the 1 year factory warranty. That was the writeup from Max Tool. I got what everyone else got only they got the lower price of $39.00, which was the charger thrown in a box with plain paper. Not sealed, no factory packaging no warranty. I don't advise that you purchase from MaX Tool.

This product revived my uncharagble damaged batteries. i bought this based on other reviews telling me that it had charged bztteries that had lost a cell. it works, try thisbefore you buy new batteries

I am VERY pleased with the DeWalt DC9310!



It works fast and it salvaged two VERY OLD, completely-drained, batteries (out of the three that I had).



I did not think any of them would take a charge again. My original charger was not able to restore them to a point of even taking a charge, but the DC9310 really did the job! - 18v - Charger - Battery Charger - Dewalt Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information