Monday 31 January 2011

Gardening With Kids - gift idea, fairies


If you have a little girl from age 4 to 9, this is a must buy! My girl is very creative and loves to paint, this product lets the child paint the pot, the fairy hideout, the mushrooms as well as plant seeds, magic beans and sprinkle lots of fairy dust everywhere. Plants grew the next day and keep growing. Amazing! Very magical and a must have for any little girl! Enchanted Fairy Garden Kit

This was my granddaughter's favorite birthday present. She is seven and really into growing things and loves fairies. The added bonus of being able to paint and decorate her own garden was icing on the cake for her. It started growing quite rapidly, so there wasn't a long period before she began to enjoy the garden. This is a great gift!

This toy was given to my daughter for her 5th b-day. she painted the bowl and all the decorations herself! she loved moving the fairy around the garden she created w/ the soil seeds and rocks. Not even a week after everything was planted, it was all in full bloom!!!!! and still is 5 months later! she admires her work each and every day!

I bought this for my 6-yr old neice who loves fairies. She was SO excited when she opened it, and immediately asked when we could work on it together. She read the box herself, and kept talking about "Hannah", the wee fairy princess. Over a couple of weekly visits, we painted the stones, mushrooms, bowl, etc. and then planted the seeds and set Hannah in her house. On my neice's next visit, she imediately ran to check it and was delighted to see grass growing and beans sprouting. We used it as a centerpiece at our Easter brunch so the whole family could see what a beautiful job she did. Decent quality and easy to do, while allowing for creative expression. Highly recommended!

This kit has made my 7 year old daughter so happy! She loves anything that has to do with arts, crafts and gardening so this was perfect for her. We have had so much fun painting the pieces and talking about how she will set it up. I was a bit surprised when we first opened it to find that the base is plastic, not ceramic as I had thought, but shortly after came to realize that while we would have loved a real ceramic pot the plastic is probably a better idea. The pieces that came with it (flowers, fairy etc.) are kind of cheep looking and when my sister and I first saw them we exchanged a twisted look...but when my daughter came in and expressed how pretty they were ("pretty" is not the word I would use for that fairy!) we were quickly smiling and decided it was better to put our mocking thoughts away, after all, the items did make her very happy and that's all that matters! Since the kit only comes with one very small paint brush, I recommend buying a set of brushes elsewhere (I got a great set at Wal-Mart for about $2; all different sizes and brush shapes which worked well to add detail) if you are planning on joining your little one in the fun. The paints are great and pretty colors, perfect for the fairy theme, and the glitter and little accessories are a nice touch. In my opinion, $18 is a bit expensive for this kit, I think it's worth $12-$15 at the most, but my daughter's response has made it worthwhile so I am easily able to forget about the price. We just finished painting yesterday so will be planting this afternoon after homework and I'll give an update on how the process goes! So far, this kit really has made my little girl so, so happy and that makes me very happy as well. It allows for quite a long time of fun and quality time together (between painting, waiting for it to dry, more painting and soon planting and then waiting for things to grow). I'm very glad that I purchased this kit, and even for the price I paid, would gladly pay it again; ugly little fairy included!

My little girl (age 4) is into both fairies and crafts. This little kit is appealing to her in every way!



The child gets to decorate and arrange the pieces of this exactly to his/her liking. There are a nice set of paints and little clay figurines and the plastic garden dish to paint. There are also little gems and glass stones, as well as a fairy and butterflies to set up in the garden. Plus, all fairy fans will love to sprinkle the fairy dust around to make everything glittery.



Ours is currently sitting near a sunny window and so I can't speak to how well the seeds and beans grow, but based on other reviews I have high hopes. (Although my daughter is over there rearranging the pieces and checking on everything so often, that I wonder if the "watched pot never boils" adage will apply!) I think watching the plants grow will appeal to my little nature lover.



I can see that it would definitely appeal to older children, too. They could just go further with the painting and decorating than my daughter did.



I wish there were more toys out there like this-- I love how it is fairies without being covered in Tinkerbell and I love how the open-ended art materials allow a kid to creatively design it as they choose without having to follow exact directions. It is definitely a five-star product.

After seeing a couple of disappointing reviews, I wasn't very confident when I bought this. The day I got this in the mail my daughter (4yr) was so excited just to see the box! There is so much inside! Jewels, fabric flowers, a fairy, Glitter, Paint, fairy hut, toadstools, soil, and seeds. All you need is imagination! We immediately started painting the fairy hidaway and the toad stools! Just doing that took us about 2 hours!! It was great and my daughter was activley engaged the entire time. We followed the directions that were included and planted the seeds. The next day we started seeing sprouts!! We sprinkled more 'pixi dust' and we saw the grass in just three days! It has been a week and we have grass and bean sprout that stand about 5 inches tall! we didnt plant all of the seeds (as advised in the instructions) so that we can enjoy the garden longer. We planted the rest yesterday and we both are excited to see the results! If you chose to purchase, enjoy, I would totally recommend this!! - Gift Idea - Fairies - Painting - Gardening With Kids'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information