Sunday 30 January 2011

Sd Memory Card - memory card, sandisk


I've been using the SanDisk standard speed SD card series for four years and have never had a problem with these inexpensive, yet reliable cards. My oldest one (a 512MB) is still used very frequently, having captured thousands of photographs. Now that the prices are getting lower and the sizes bigger, I would suggest that if you're only shooting still shots, 2GB is probably way more than you'll ever need. A 2GB card will probably hold about 900 photos depending on your camera's megapixels and JPEG compression. That's like 40+ rolls of 35mm film! However, if your camera shoots video, this card is steal since you'll never know when you need more space.



FOR KODAK OWNERS: In July 2006, I replaced a SanDisk regular SD card like this one with a SanDisk Ultra II card for my Kodak DX7590, because I was hoping that it would allow my camera to write high-quality 5MP pictures faster. But to my surprise, it timed exactly the same. So I emailed Kodak, and this was their response: "We appreciate your interest in high speed memory for your digital camera. Our cameras are designed to operate, write and read SD cards at set voltage speeds. Therefore, there is no advantage to using faster memory in Kodak cameras."



So if you use a Kodak dock or USB cable to transfer images from a Kodak camera to your computer, this standard SanDisk card is all you need...there's no advantage to paying extra for a high-speed card like the Ultra II. However, if you use a card reader to get images from the SD card to your computer, and speed is important to you, then it might be worthwhile to pay a little more for the Ultra II since read and write speeds through the card reader could be substantially faster. SanDisk 2 GB Class 2 SD Flash Memory Card SDSDB-2048-A11

This is a regular-format Secure Digital (SD) card, regular in the sense that it's not of the latest SDHC (SD High Capacity) format. This is a good thing because it means this 2GB card is compatible with most SD devices like digital cameras, digital camcorders, GPS units, Pocket PCs, etc.



Unfortunately, most USB media card readers (including Sandisk's own as well as Belkin ones) cannot deal with capacity larger than 1GB yet. So be *VERY* careful if you plan to use this 2GB SD card with a USB card reader: if you do want to do it, make sure you only read from it, not write to it, or you would risk corrupting the entire memory which would require reformatting. (Unfortunately, because most OS's write some extra system information to disks all the time, it's extremely unlikely you can avoid any writes when you insert this SD card into a USB card reader.)



While compatibility with my devices seems good so far, what I don't like is the card's speed. It's actually quite slow. Sure, this is a standard-speed card, the cheapest model in Sandisk's SD lineup. Still, it feels slower than my xD-Picture card, which itself is not a speed demon by any measure. So even though you get a lot of capacity (2GB formatted in FAT32), filling it up could take a painfully long time, even over USB 2.0 high-speed.



In the end, I think this is a good value simply because it's cheap. I've filled mine with MP3s and JPEGs and nowadays use it with my portable GPS. For MP3 playback, the speed is not a big issue, but when viewing large JPEG files, it can be a little trying to my patience.

I had this card for about a year for my Casio Digital camera. It will hold about 2 hrs. of video at 30fps on 640x480. Very impressive speed ready speed for a regular Sandisk SD crad, about 32X. Yes it's ture, some old version reader or camera will not picked up this card due to it's limits. So you really need to check the compatibility of you device before you get it. But I won't give a low rating because of that. (Not doing your homework!!)

The SanDisk 2 GB Memory Card works perfectly with my Canon S3 IS. Reading of still photos and movies from this card to my Dell desktop was flawless using an older (unlabled) card reader that is labeled to read SM, CF, and SD cards. I have only used the card reader for CF cards up to now. The photos and movies were crisp and clear at maximum resolution.

I currently own 512MB and 1GB SanDisk SD cards that I use primarily with my Treo 650 smartphone. I'm just waiting for the next significant price drop or rebate offer before purchasing this 2GB model. Based on my own personal experience I feel confident in recommending it to anyone.



I have no complaints about either of my SanDisk cards, but don't take my word for it, check out the News and Reviews link on the product page for yourself. While each supplier brand has its strengths and weaknesses, when you add everything up together SanDisk gives you the best bang for your buck.



I usually keep an SD card in my phone at all times to store everything from MP3s, videos, eBooks, photos, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint files, and even a couple Palm applications.



This additional 2GB capacity not only allows you to store around 500 songs or photos, but even a compressed 1-hour video if you want to rip your favorite DVD or TV show.



The additional capacity offered by these cards begs the question as to why you would want to pay $200 (or more) for a stand-alone flash-enabled MP3 player when you can get a phone-camera-Palm Pilot in one convergent device.



Of course, this card is versatile enough to use for general flash storage tasks when coupled with an inexpensive USB reader, or to transfer files between desktops and laptops, digital cameras, whatever.



SanDisk offers rebates every few months so even if you don't need a card right now, put this on your wishlist and check Amazon frequently to take advantage of the next saving opportunity. - Sd Memory Card - Memory Card - 2 Gb Sd Card - Sandisk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information