Monday 31 January 2011

Home Theater - component shelf, wall mount


I have a wall mounted 50" Panasonic, this baby looks awesome mounted directly below and some of my friends have stated "it looks like it is holding the TV up, kind of like a stand" for the TV.



The lower larger shelf in this kit holds my Onkyo 7.1 receiver (25lbs). The upper smaller shelf holds a DVD player, my DirecTV HD box and a center channel speaker (20lbs). My top components have about an inch to spare on the front of the shelf and my bottom receiver has about 3 inches to spare. All my connections are via HDMI which take an additional 1.5 inches in space when connecting. If you're not using HDMI, you have tons of space on these shelves for your components.



Installation was a snap for a do-it-yourselfer, a Saturday evening job for me. It comes in 3 pieces, (a top piece with top shelf, a middle piece with bottom shelf and a bottom piece- just filler I guess to make it look good) and each piece has its own metal "frame" that mounts to the wall (studs). The glass shelf's then mount to this frame with 4 hex screws. You then place your equipment on the shelves and then snap these wooden back plates over the frames. These plates completely cover any and all connections and cords and there is also plenty of room behind these snap-on plates. Once snapped-on, they do not pop-off easily.



The WAF (wife acceptance factor) at first was a 2.0, as she was concerned about safety for my 4 year old. The WAF has since gone up to an 8.0, as this baby is rock solid if bumped from the sides. My friends say "wow" and "cool" when they first saw it as it looks like my components are floating (I have all silver components) and you cannot see any cables unless you walk up and look behind them.



All in all, it is an expensive purchase when you are comparing it with the rest of the shelf systems, but the craftsmanship, ingenuity and finished looks make up for the price in the end. 4 out of 5 stars, with minis 1 star being the price. OmniMount MWFS Adjustable 2-Shelf Component Wall System with Cable Management

I installed this product right below a 46" LCD tv, with the bottom edge of the TV in line with the top edge od the MWFS unit. I can not imagine anyone (male or female) that would have an objection to this product in a living/family room. It's a great addition.

Installation is fairly easy (I chose "A" set-up). All wires or cables can be hidden inside the unit. I was lucky enough to have the power outlet in the same area where I had to install this unit, so basically all cables are hidden.

Some poeple have complained about shelf space, if you have an audio/video box that's 13" or deeper than you have no choice but to use the larger glass shelf. However most blue-ray players today are in the 8-10" range, and I think they will fit in the smaller shelf without any problems.

My only negative comment is the instruction manual; I found some parts somewhat confusing. However, it's almost impossible to screw-up the installation, even without the manual.

I have never reviewed anything on amazon, but have bought way too many things...

This product is so good, I feel guilty not writing my first reveiw for it. :)



The build quality/appearance of the product is amazing. Especially if you have a black TV/black theme in your room.



I am not a professional installer and most of the time end up putting something on backwards while attempting to follow instructions closely.

I had no problem with this product! Everything is clear, if you just take a minute to read before screweing things in.

Everything fits exactly as it should without having to strain or bend or adjust things during installation.



I wish it was cheaper, but..oh well.

I bought and installed this wall furniture last month and am very happy with it. Installation was a snap and the build quality seems good. I like how it doesn't take up a lot of wall space but still looks good. You can also get a surge protector in the back if you buy the right one. In fact I'd like to see Omnimount make a custom surge protector that mounts to the back area.

The OmniMount 2 shelf wall system is very easy to install and it looks great. It took less than an hour to figure out the instructions and complete the installation, including hiding all the wires in the cable management system. You'll need to purchase a pack of ties to secure the wires, which are not included. A few basic tools are needed to complete the install, but most people already own a screw driver, drill and level. The system is very sturdy and will easily hold three or four components. I have three components so I stacked my cable box on top of my DVD player. The cable box is light and the DVD player is vented in the rear so stacking is not a problem. The wood panels that cover the metal frame are made from plywood covered in an attractive and thick black wood veneer. The fit and finish are excellent. - Home Theater Component Shelf - Wall Mount - Audio Visual Wall Mount - Component Shelf'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information