Tuesday 21 June 2011

Cordless Keyboard - wireless keyboard, verbatim


The mouse is a battery monster. In 30 days, it has gone through 3 sets (of 2 AA) batteries. Once the battery starts to go, the mouse becomes very choppy. Added to the range of this thing which is about 4 ft max, using the mouse is an utterly terrible experience. I bought the unit because I liked the portability of the keyboard. The keyboard did not disappoint. It is slim, low profile keys with good tactile feed back (for a low profile model). I would rate the keyboard as 5 stars and the mouse at -5 stars. I recommend purchasing this unit if you just want a good portable keyboard, or if you own stock in duracell, otherwise, spend the extra couple of bucks for the Micorsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000. I have one of those as well, and have never been disappointed with it. Verbatim Wireless Slim Keyboard and Mouse 96983 (Black)

Sometimes a product comes along that I have a difficult time describing. It's either so far from what I was looking for or it's so good that I have to really dig for the words. This product is such a product, and it falls into the second category.



I have been a relentless computer user since 1995, but, until I purchased this keyboard/mouse combination, my keyboards and mice have all been tethered to my computer like a dog on running line. Pardon my failure to keep up to date and pardon my glowing praise for this product, but I have been set free.



I am for sure biased in that I have never experienced the convenience of a wireless mouse or keyboard. However, I had been on the lookout for a suitable combo for a long time, and this product was worth the wait. I did all the research and tested all the options and here are the reasons this is the best keyboard/mouse combo on the market (hot key features excepted):



1. Sure bluetooth connection-no problems with intermittent interruptions during typing or mouse use

2. Quality construction-the quality in this combo is far greater than ANYTHING I have ever experienced from a keyboard or mouse. It is obvious from the beginning that this is a very exceptionally constructed item

3. Liquid smooth keyboard functionality-low profile keys and smooth key return take typing to a new level from standard key keyboards

4. Smooth mouse functionality-low profile mouse puts the mouse at your fingertips rather than in the palm of your hand. It takes a little getting used to, but I rate the profile a plus. The scrolling wheel is notched and far smoother than I have previously experienced. Otherwise the mouse is an exquisitely functional and responsive optical mouse

5. Low battery notice-included software warns of low batteries



I would say the quality of the construction is the thing I would harp on most with this product. If you buy the set, you will see what I mean. The closest I can come to an explanation is to compare stock keyboards. I had a Compaq keyboard that was far better than the Packard Bell or, more recently, Dell keyboards that came stock with prior computers I have owned. Compaq and Mac computers seem to come with higher quality keyboards. The quality in this keyboard and mouse is better than in those products...alot better. I would say the leap from Compaq and Mac to this product is far bigger than the leap from the cheaper stock and aftermarket keyboards to the aforementioned



The unit is completely plug and play in Windows XP and on Macs and takes about 2 minutes to set up from the box.



If you are looking for an outstanding product to replace your keyboard and mouse, give this combo a try...the price is absurd, so much so that I feel bad mentioning it in this review. For sure this is one product that stands apart from the rest...one of those rare ones that defines quality. In a nutshell, the product is perfect simplicity. Try it, you will see, especially if you have been searching like me for so many years for the right set!



Note: Auto On/Off feature works on the mouse, at least, on my XP computer. The laser light strobes at a much slower rate of speed but does not turn off fully. I think the fact that the light still strobes some after shut down may be a source of confusion, somethimes. It may lead some to believe that the mouse is functioning fully. I have tried to see if there is any way to see if the feature works on the keyboard, but there isn't a strobing light to check. I am confident that the keyboard is not using power while it is not in use, however...

I purchased this keyboard to connect to my Windows 7 computer which is connected to a 42" LCD in the family room. I have it sitting on the coffee table which is about 5-6 feet away from the computer and it works great. Haven't had any problems with it. I love the chicklet style keyboard. I would definitely recommend it to friends and family. - Verbatim - Wireless - Keyboard - Wireless Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information