Wednesday 28 January 2009

Abf-90 - okuma, diawa reel


The fish are coming in and I can't use my new reel. I have had the reel for less than 2 months and had my first breakdown. When I would reel in, there was a drag in the reel. I thought it would loosen up, but it just got worse. Since I am in Cabo San Lucas, it is difficult to just send the reel back to the manufacturer, so I took it apart and found the gear post was cutting into the guide and causing the drag. I called the manufacturer and they were very responsive in getting the parts sent to me. However, the jury is still out on the quality of this product. If or when I get the parts replaced, I will be able to provide a more substantial user evaluation. Daiwa Saltwater Bite & Run Spinning Reel, Regal Plus Bite & Run 5500, with Spare Aluminum Spool

Aright ive been fishing for 16 years now ive had penn daiwa shimanno finn nor And i am a huge fan of daiwa i have two baitrunners ones the old shimanno black and silver version and i have fished with there new version and i have to say its just as good prefect for the price i love first time fising with it hooked on a 3 and a half foot jack landed it weighed about 30lbs and this reel(with power pro)Handles great before you go and buy a shimanno try this reel out i know your gonna love it its great and very smooth and awesome drag!

Received my reel (5000 BRi model) yesterday, mounted it on my new rod, lined it.

I'm happy to say, I caught three nice Bluecats, no problem with casting or bringing in the fish.

I read the other two reviews, fortunately I didn't have the problems one of the other reviewers had, (time will tell). I also have quite a few Daiwa reels, different models, some are bait runners. If I can get the service I got from them, I'll be very happy with this one. Price was great, specially with my gift certificate ($21 bucks).

This reel is fantastic, Excellent engineering and great all round appeal.

Adjustable drag for playing larger fish and adjustable bait runner drag for using live baits.

A single turn of the crank arm disengages bait runner clutch to start winding in the monster fish. This is a bit larger than the reels I'm used to and the crank arm has a slightly larger turning diameter, so just a bit of getting used to.

Another bonus is the spare spool. If their not biting on the lead sinker, then a quick change of spool with thinner line is easy. One dislike is that the spool is fixed with a thread not a quick release button, but for the price and overall quality this is a minor point. I ordered one to start with just to see, and as is the next 2 should arrive in a couple of days.

Great reel, smooth workings, great quality and sits great in the reel clamps with no wobble. - Okuma - Spinning Reels - Diawa Reel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • diawa reel
  • ,
  • spinning reels
  • ,
  • okuma