Monday 26 January 2009

Yoga Accessories - yoga accessories, hot yoga


I disagree with the other person who reviewed this product. This towel is so much better than a regular hand towel during my 90 minute hatha yoga classes. I get pretty sweaty and the towel is super absorbent...it does not become heavy and wet like a regular hand towel. Manduka Small eQua Hand Towel (Magic)

This little towel is a handy portable size and pretty color, but it's so soft that it is pretty useless as a towel rather than an accessory. Imagine wiping velvet across your sweaty face - it just makes you feel gross and even a bit hotter. I tried blotting, but that was no good either.

I bought this towel along with the full size to put over my yoga mat. I use it to wipe my face during yoga. I loved it so much that I bought another to use whenever I do activities and sweat (dance and tennis). It absorbs the sweat really well and is much better than a hand towel. Sometimes I put it down in the car if I'm sweaty on my drive home. I think it absorbs better if you don't use fabric softener when you wash it....

I take power yoga in a heated room and prior to purchasing this I just used a washcloth from home to wipe sweat off my face. This soaks up the sweat so much better. It is an odd feeling if your used to just a normal hand towel but it is really obsorbant and does not get overly wet during class. Highly recomend this hand towel as well as the skidless large towel to put over your mat if you are taking a hot yoga class.

Love this towel! Great color, very soft and absorbent. I do hot yoga and this towel grips better with the Manduka black mat than yogitoes. It bunches a little but no more than yogitoes and doesn't interfere with my practice. Washes well with no fading or bleeding.

This towel is easy to pack and carry, lightweight and absorbent. The mat doesn't have the non-skid silicone feet that some other mat towels have, but it seems to do a fine job, especially after it gets a little damp.

I bought this product because my favorite yoga hand towels by Luminaire are no longer available. This towel is a complement to the larger one I bought. It's the perfect size, 'fluffy',absorbent and just as lightweight and easy to care for as my old ones. I do Bikram Yoga so I need a hand towel to wipe my face and neck during the class. It absorbs like there is no tomorrow, and stands up to regular washing. A perfect yoga hand towel.

Excellent product. I bought this for the job as I work at the shipyard and when the sun beats down on a metal ship, things start to bake at VERY high temperatures. I dont go anywhere without this thing in my back pocket. It literally sucks the sweat off my skin whilst still being gentle and stays dry all day even when you mop up your wet face.



If it can handle that, I am sure it can handle a simple workout at home.

I thought this towel was going to be something special but it's just a microfiber towel with the Manduka logo. It's priced a little higher than what I'd value it at but nothing extravagant. Get it if you're into name brands or save three to five dollars and buy a generic towel.



Pros -

Area, larger than a typical hand towel

Thickness, easily stowable



Neutral -

Texture, it's soft but I feel like I'm going to wash my car when I pick it up.



Con -

Cost, costs 20 - 33% more than comparable towels. - Yoga Accessories - Hot Yoga - Yoga Towels - Non-slip'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information