Tuesday 27 January 2009

Camera Accessories - digital camera, sony battery


This charger is pretty amazing! It's the smallest most compact one on the market, plus it comes with the car charger. Charges in about 90 minutes or so. If you are looking for compact, this is it, and it has good looks too!! CTA MR-FT1 Mini Battery Charger Kit for Sony NP-FT1 and NP-BD1 Batteries

I was kind of skeptical about buying a charger for five bucks when they're almost ten times that much at electronic stores but I am so glad I did. I didn't spend that much time looking at other sony battery chargers but I did read some of the reviews for this one and I don't have any if the problems that others mentioned. I haven't had mine for long but the charger works just as well as the sony one that came with the camera and the car charger is def an added bonus. I base a lot of things I purchase online on reviews, so I wanted to make sure that this charger got its fair praise! Cheap and works just like its advertised!

The original battery charge that came with the DSC-T1 has a cord that is about 12 feet long. With my travel and the allowed weight I needed a smaller package. This charger works great. The new battery is an addition to the still good original battery. The batteries are both alike.

I bought this product to charge the battery of a camera I found--just the camera, no paperwork or anything. When there were not takers on the internet lost and found sites, I looked up the user manual online. This charger was my first buy for the camera (the second was a cord to connect it to my computer). At first I was unsure but the description provided on Amazon allowed me to make a positive ID for my camera model and battery and the price was better than anywhere else I found online. I've had no problems with the product; I think it's great. The extra cord and wall outlet connector are a real bonus also.

The charger charged my battery once. The second time I attempted to charge the battery it made a high pitched noise as if it was about to short out. I tried it several times over the course of the day. I threw it away because it was either going to ruin my battery (might be ruined - I have not attempted to charge it again) or start a fire (likely). Not that it has anything to do with evaluating a poorly made product, but I'm an engineer.



Also, it was not compact in any sense of the word. It is much larger and more awkward than the original charger from Sony. I would highly recommend buying the Sony charger and not wasting the time and money on this product or any other product by this manufacturer.

Well you can't beat the price and it was good while it worked. But after using it for about 6 months or so, it has stopped working. The LED light just blinks while you are trying to charge and after charging all day and all night, the battery remains as dead as ever. But for the price and considering the fact that the original Sony charger that my camera came with also died after about a year and half of use, it is the best deal out there. If I can return it for a refund after all this time, I will otherwise I will just get another one. - Sony Battery - Sony Cybershot - Digital Camera - Camera Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information