Thursday 29 January 2009

Media Center - droid x, droid case


This is a well-made, well-designed little case. It fits snug, but not too snug, and there is 0-play in the cover once snapped shut. It's secure, looks good, protects the device with what is obviously a well-thought out sturdy foam-type inner material to the shell. I would trust it to hold eggs if it was shaped to fit them and allliite bit thicker. Fine for my Droid X though. It made the device more valuable. It has a kick-stand on the back of it that is totally adjustable and lets me angle it at almost any pitch in landscape and gives alot of versatility in portrait mode too! Gives plenty of comfortable access to all ports and buttons. Snaps on belt SECURELY, it's a cinch, and the clip is detachable too with a special lever so as to let the device be almost totally level on a flat surface if needed. This is the most recommended accessory I could offer a review for for the Droid X. Body Glove Glove Snap-On Case for Motorola DROID X (Black)

This item is the "high end" cover sold at Verizon Wireless stores, but through the Amazon sellers, it costs half of what VZW is charging. It fits the phone perfectly providing access to all buttons. It adds some bulk to the phone, so if you plan to put it in a case from here, which isn't necessary due to the belt clip, it'll be tight. When I ordered it, I didn't think I'd use the belt clip, but after it's arrival, I must admit, the stand is pretty handy. The Droid X has a rubberized exterior, so this case doesn't improve the grip in your hand or on smooth surfaces from a texture perspective. However, the Droid X sports a thin design with some weight at the top, which makes it a little top heavy when held by the edges. I've come close to dropping my X, because it's so thin. I'm thinking this case will help overall "grip-ability", as well as another protective layer, in case of drops. This case costs more than some of the inexpensive ones found at Amazon, but it's worth the extra $7 or $8. You won't be sorry!

I bought this case for two reasons: 1) so I could carry my Droid on my belt, and 2) so the Droid would have some protection should it fall. The design of the belt clip is a disaster. The release button is on the bottom of the clip. If I bend over to pick something up, then my leg releases the Droid from the clip, and my phone falls to the ground as I stand up. If I try to work around this by clipping the phone to my belt from the bottom so that the release button is on the top, I find the clip is not strong enough to hold the phone on, and my phone falls to the ground. If I clip the phone to my belt at my side rather than in the front, then my phone is often dislodged by the motion of my arms as I walk, and yes my phone falls to the ground. All this is pretty frustrating, but it does show that shock protection provided by the case is pretty good, otherwise my phone would be toast by now.

OK, Here we go...



Pros:

Super Sturdy

Easy installation

Easy Removal (insert a quarter in the opening on the bottom of the phone and twist!)

Great Belt Clip (can be removed)

Protects Camera (very important!)

Easily Access all buttons.



Cons:

The only one I can think of is that it almost doubles the thickness of your phone. For me this is okay because I rather know that when I drop it (which I frequently do) it wont crack the phone or more likely, scratch the built-in camera/HD camcorder.



If your looking for tuff this is the case for you. If you never ever drop your phone and never slide it across a table or set it on anything that could scratch the camera then maybe you can go without.

Case fits perfectly. Belt clip can be used or not. Comes w/insert to eliminate belt clip button to make the case smooth on the back. It provides a padded cover for the entire phone except the touch screen and has openings for all the switches and connections, camera, etc. The belt clip has a snap-out stand that allows the phone to stand sideways. The phone can be rotated while hanging in the belt clip and the clip has detents to hold the phone in position. Nice product.

The product simply did not hold up. Bad design flaw. After only one week one of the the snap flanges broke so the 2 halves of the case wouldn't stay together, rendering the product usless. The only way this product could survive for any length of time is if you never have to remove your battery for any reason.



The belt clamp is flimsy as well. This was money not well spent!

Whoever designed this must not have tested it. With the phone relase on the bottom every time you sit down the phone releases, falls to the floor, the case breaks open and the phone falls out. The case protects the phone, but picking up the pieces and putting them back together multiple times a day is very aggrevating. Once a tab on the case broke of. I contacted the manufacturer and they were very good about replacing the case. Essentially this is useless to carry on your belt. Bottom line DON'T BUY IT!! - Droid Case - Clip - Holster - Droid X'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • droid x
  • ,
  • clip
  • ,
  • droid case
  • ,
  • holster