Wednesday 28 January 2009

Disaster Kit - emergency kit, earthquake


Arrived with 1 of the 6 water pouches punctured. The inside of the bag and contents were drenching wet and I had to air-dry the bag for a few days. Not sure how it got punctured in transit but not worth the hassle to send it back for 1 bad pouch. Overall it's a good size bag and has all the major necessities. The food and water are provided by MayDay. My Manufacture date for food was Aug. 2010 with Expiration date of Aug. 2015, and water was Oct. 2010 to Oct. 2015. I ordered in in December 2010.



I'd say there is approx. 1/3 the size of the bag left with empty room so you can add your own stuff so you can tailor the kit to your needs.



Overall 4/5. Quakehold! 70080 Grab-n-Go Emergency Kit, 1-Person 3-Day Bag

When you get the kit, make sure you open it up and check that everything is there. The nitrile gloves came in the bag with the dust mask... The bag is quite thin, I thought it would be slightly heavier duty. My kit came intact with no water bags being burst during shipping. There is room in the bag to fill with other goodies like a radio, flashlight, glow sticks, paper, pens, firestarters, etc. This is my first bag that I'll grab in an emergency situation. I have also attached a water filter to the handle so I will have even more water available.

Most federal and state agencies want you to have a 3 day kit this has many of the essentials you need. I've trained my body to go without food or water for 14-17 hrs anyways which I don't recommend others to do. What it didn't come with I supplemented with supplies from here the added items are an Etón American Red Cross ARCFR160R radio/flashlight and a small swiss pocket type knife which I already had in a leather pouch as well as sample steroids for my asthma and a SE Military (Prismatic) Lansatic Compass, 2-1/8" Dia. Face .



Surprised this little bag had room for these extras so this automatically went in my car hopefully I will never have to use it but it is nice to know I made a small investment for my safety and well being since I live in Earthquake country.



Also create a separate bag with one pair of clothes and an action guide (optional) to be thoroughly prepared. Like all things you can be overly prepared and things can still go wrong but a 72 hour kit is essential and if you have to leave quickly you can just grab and go. - Preparedness - Emergency Kit - Earthquake'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information