Sunday 25 January 2009

Wrinkle Resistant


I've bought Haggar khakis for years, finding them to be of better quality than Levis Dockers. However, the quality of these pants has taken a serious nosedive just in the past year. I bought 2 pair last Fall (2009) and the hem at the bottom showed fraying after only a few months. The fraying only got worse and the hems are now completely threadbare. The pleats at mid-shin didn't fare much better and began to fray even sooner than the hems.



Additionally, the expandable strap on one pair simply snapped and detached from the inside of the waistband. I was able to fix it temporarily but I don't expect it to last.



After years of wearing such a sturdy product, it's intensely disappointing to see Haggar jump on the lower-quality bandwagon seemingly to save money in production. Haggar Men's Work To Weekend Expandable Waist Pleated Twill Pant,Khaki,34x29

Fabric is a little coarser than I hoped it would be and than it appeared in the on line picture. Pants catch a lot of lint but fit good. I'd appreciate more choice in styles for a 31" in seam. Most pants are only available with odd number inseams to 29, then only even numbers. 32 hits the floor for me and 30 is too short. I'm glad these pants were available in 31 and they fit fine, but will look for a smoother fabric and hope to see more choice in 31".

I bought these pants to wear at the office, and the toughest physical work I did wearing them was sitting in a chair. Despite that, they've become worn through in two different spots in the back. I've never had pants get worn so quickly, after just a few months use.



I wish I could get my money back, but unfortunately their warranty doesn't cover holes.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wrinkle Resistant Wrinkle Resistant Wrinkle Resistant