Tuesday 27 January 2009

Noise Cancelling - comfortable, travel headphones


So I bought these headphones because I wanted to drown out the ambient noise in my office (people talking on speakerphones, idle cubicle conversations, etc) but I didn't want to pay high dollar for a pair of Bose or some other high-end set of phones. I came across these and the price was irresistible - so I decided to buy them and at least try them out. If they didn't do well, then I wouldn't be too upset because I didn't pay much. So here is my review:



Sound: The sound quality of these headphones are pretty good, not great - but pretty good. They seem to have a nice mix of hi's and lows as well as decent bass. Not a lot of bass, but enough that you get the effect of the music. The sound seems fairly crisp and clear - not like Bose quality but pretty good.



Bulk: These headphones look quite hideous when I put them on. Unfortunately, a lot of headphones look pretty hideous when I put them on (just my personal opinion). However, they collapse pretty nicely into a bundle and fit into the pouch provided (not a hard case so it doesn't "protect"). Bose and other high-end headphones come with hard shell cases to put the phones into.



Accessories: It comes with an array of provided accessories for the dual pronged airline connection as an example. It also has some other connections that I won't use (a couple for Motorola products). The cord of the headphones also detach as does other high end noise canceling headphones.



Noise-canceling: So, these do not compare to high end headphones like Bose or Able Planet, but they do pretty darned good! I was able to drown out most of the sound in my office when actively listening to music. Without music, you hear a very slight "hissing" sound. Also, without music you do hear some noises around you but these phones do pretty good to tame the noise. I'd say about 60% of ambient noise is decreased without music and about 80-85% with music. I don't think that's bad for the money I paid! And just recently, I got a chance to take them on the road - yep, Delta. I was surprised they did SO well on the plane. These phones did well to significantly decrease the humming sound heard on all airplanes. In fact, when I took them off for landing, it was like walking into another world. The humming was quite loud and obnoxious! I had no idea there were children crying and carrying on until I took the headphones off. I wanted to put my headphones back on but I couldn't. I can honestly say that these headphones did a pretty good job at keeping me sane during the flight.



All in all, for the price, these headphones are a must have. I still plan on purchasing a pair of high end headphones but these aren't going anywhere! I will keep them in my arsenal of headphones to choose from. Perhaps leaving these in my desk to use while working. Amp'd Mobile XQS-109 3.5mm Noise Cancelling Headphones

I'm very happy with this purchase. For the price they're amazing. At first they just sound like bass thumpers, but the enhancement can be turned off, also the bass actually picks up the nuances of a bass guitar. I could easily tell the difference between Fender and Musicman basses as these headphone picked up everything. The noise canceling works well also. They have a good surround sound aesthetic to them and I can hear the difference between studios, they're great for gaming as well. The service was excellent too. I couldn't be happier, I feel like I struck gold.

I work in an office with a few *extremely* loud coworkers in my area, where headphones are an absolute necessity. I've tried a couple pairs before that had bass boosting, but the ambient noise reduction on this set is great. For the price, these are an absolute steal. Highly recommended.

These headphones work great!!! But they do eat up batteries so I wouldn't advise leaving the sound cancellation on for long periods of time. I also had a battery explode but the headphones still work. I recommend as soon as the little green light goes out for good, you should take the batteries out. The batteries I just removed had a little oily film on them. The latch that keeps the headphones together doesn't, which is annoying. Eventhough there are flaws, they do the job and for the price I couldn't ask for anything more. :)



P.S. I bought these for 12.99 with shipping it was like 20 bucks.

I was looking for some noise cancelling headphones (on a tight budget) for a recent plane trip. I couldn't believe I found this pair for under twenty dollars, and not only was the noise cancelling aspect perfect, but they fold into a little ball, they're comfortable, have great sound quality, and come with all the little plug-in ends, including the two-pronged one for airplanes! I am happily shocked! Would buy again, except my original pair held up to being stuffed into so many bags on this trip, I can't see them breaking anytime soon. - Travel Headphones - Noise Canceling - Comfortable - Inexpensive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information