Monday 26 January 2009

Ipad2 Screen Protector - screen, protector


...like I did. This is "bubble city" - I went through the pains of using almost an entire can of compressed air to clean the work surface of any dust particles, waited at least 20 minute for anything to settle down to no avail - it didn't matter, bubbles just naturally formed in every square centimeter of the iPad's surface....from small ones to huge ones - trying to follow the instructions and like I did with the screen protector for my iPad 1 I applied pressure with the included "card" which resulted in scratches of the plastic surface - all over the place - I became sooooo frustrated by this inferior product I ended up ripping out of my iPad and throwing it were it belongs...the garbage! KHOMO Anti-Glare Invisible Screen Film Protector for new Apple iPad 2 (NEWEST VERSION March 2011 release)

After applying the screen protector, I definitely had a lot more bubbles than I expected, and many would just not rub out. The bubbles aren't really distracting while using the device, but are definitely visible when the device is off.



This item is sufficient for my needs though. I just wanted to protect my screen while using my iPad 2 in an experiment; this screen protector is a decent value and I'l probably just dump it later. In comparison, I bought 5 iphone screen protectors for 99 cents, and none of them had bubbles for the first few weeks (but bubbles formed later). I have not tried more expensive screen protectors, so I don't know how things compare.



I would strongly discourage buying this protector if the appearance of your iPad 2 is important.

Like many of the other comments, I agree that installing this iPad 2 screen protector is nearly impossible. You can get the screen perfectly clean, but as soon as you take the protective coating off the back side (the sticky side) of the screen protector, you will undoubtedly get some lint or dust stuck to the screen protector before you lay it on the iPad screen. This is all it takes to get bubbles that you can not get removed. After several attempts of trying to get rid of the all the dust, I ended up throwing the screen protector in the trash. What a waste of $7.00. Don't waste your time or money!

First off, I'm very picky and OCD. So if you're not like me, then you might be able to tolerate this screen protector.



I was trying to be cheap and tried finding an alternative to a $35ish zagg screen protector. I thought "Hey! it's only 10 bucks with shipping and all I need it to do is prevent scratches right?" WRONG.



The first thing I noticed was that it just felt like cheap sticky thick plastic. I could tell it didn't have a stretchy texture, but it had good thickness to where I thought it will protect my iPad 2 from scratches.



Applying took me about 15 minutes because of lint (I don't know if it was my environment, but I used up a good amount of scotch tape to take the lint off that left a good annoying sized bubble). I thought I could handle the 2 bubbles that was left because of 2 tiny pieces of lint, but I couldn't. Although the lint was pretty small, it left a noticeable size bubble around it.



The holes for the camera and the button were pretty good and it covered the whole screen which I liked, but then the edges seemed like they weren't sticky enough.



I put on a silicone case about 2 hours later, but since the protector in my opinion lacked stickiness, the edges were continually unstuck. I let it sit overnight and put the case back on, but the edges were STILL getting unstuck. I couldn't handle it anymore so I took it off and I could immediately tell that there wasn't enough "stickiness." It peeled off way too easy.



I ended up buying the zagg protector for about $35 and wished I just bought that in the first place and saved my 10 bucks.



Lesson learned.

It is certainly a good product but it took awhile to install. Was not able to position it precisely and still have some bubbles around edges. I wish the manufacturer came up with some way to simplify the process. Nevertheless, it looks good, easy to clean and my iPad did not lose sensitivity.

Applying these screen protectors is a pain. And they invariably bubble. But this works, was relatively easy to apply due to the double layer application and my kids can play the iPad in the car without the glare.

I was a little nervous about getting this cover since there are so many bad reviews, but it turned out pretty good. It was hard to get all the lint off but I only have four tiny bubbles and that is the result of only one try. I think that for the size of the I pad bubbles are inevitable. This cover does remove some of the shine of the iPad (on the black part) but other than that you can barely tell it is there. Don't wear clothes with long sleves when putting this cover on. Also I found it better to use a piece of scotch tape to get the dust off after using the cloth (I found that the cloth kept putting more dust on). Once the dust is off I set the film down on the iPad then I got the big bubbles out with the card. All that was left were little bubbles near the edges. I lifted the film up on each edge ( one at a time) and then used the card to press it back down which worked very well. I haven't used this in sunlight yet so I don't know how well the anti-glare stuff works, but overall this seems to do it's job and for the low price I am very pleased plus I have two more for down the road! - Screen - Screen Protectors - Protector - Ipad2 Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • screen
  • ,
  • screen protectors
  • ,
  • ipad2 screen protector
  • ,
  • protector