Thursday 29 January 2009

Inspirational Books - healthy living, mind and body


Alice Greene's mindful approach is a sensible, innovative way to rethink dieting and fitness. Her approach removes the shame and self loathing from dieting and body image, and leans toward more acceptance of getting fit. The ideas in the book focus on success and feeling good, rather than relying on unrealistic diets. The ideas put forth are actually something you can live with and incorporate into your life. If you're looking for a change in how you approach fitness and well being, this book is for you!Inspired to Feel Good: Making Healthy and Fit Choices So Rewarding and Liberating You Never Want to Stop Inspired to Feel Good: Making Healthy and Fit Choices So Rewarding and Liberating You Never Want to Stop

Alice Greene has created an incredible resource for anyone interested in or struggling with exercise, eating and creating a healthy lifestyle.

She has a lot of experience both personally and working with clients and brings an understanding of the issues people deal with as well as compassion.You can open to any section and get something useful from it.

I recommend it highly.

Inspired to Feel Good helped me become aware of and change my relationship with food and fitness. I love the step by step coaching program which is helping me to stay motivated. I plan to share this book with clients and friends who are ready to make healthy and fit choices that will improve their lives.

I really like Alice's approach in this book. She invites you to become more 'in tune' with your body. With all the strange meal-plans, points and calorie-counting, and other 'systems' out there these days, this one seems more intuitive and natural, and likely to last a life-time.



Her 3 C's of Conciousness, Clarity and Choice are good but my favorite 'C' of her is the Curiousity one. Be curious, not judgmental. What a wonderful way to get inside your head and figure out how to make good choices.



I do like all of her examples. I found myself resonating with a particular client's experiences and eagerly looked to see what that client did each time she gave examples. That kind of helps as you feel more personally involved while reading the book.



Alice gives many hints, examples, ideas, tips, tools, and loads of information at the end which reinforces the belief that she is really trying to help you. That passion comes through loud and clear in the examples about herself which she recounts without sugarcoating or dramatizing. It seems real. She is real. And she is here to help.



Bravo, Alice. Thanks for this book!

With compassion and techniques that really work, Alice Greene guides the reader through a tried and true method to stop yo-yo dieting and start living healthy and fit. What sets this book apart from all the others is that it focuses on how to find your own motivation and your own satisfaction in making incremental changes for life. There are no too-good-to-be-true claims of losing ridiculous amounts of weight in an impossibly short time frame. Instead, there is a common-sense and wise approach to self care that we are all desperately in need of. The changes are lasting and very rewarding. I have used this approach myself to stay healthy and all I can say is, I never need to diet again. I recommend this book and Alice's approach with unqualified enthusiasm.

Alice has totally changed my view on eating and maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle. I can't say that at this point in my life I struggle with weight however I do struggle with food allergies. This book has taught me how important mindfulness is in everyday life. It's easy to float day to day and not be conscious or aware of what you are doing or eating. This book awakens you to your everyday life and gets you more in tune your with the powerful connection between mind and body.

I have tried dieting and exercise, lost and regained weight. I always knew what I really needed was to change my lifestyle and eating habits. This book showed me how to do it. Alice starts at the beginning looking at where we are now and how to make small incremental steps to living healthy. I can't say it's been easy to make my changes but this is the best book I've found for following what I know is the right path for all of us. - Mind And Body - Healthy Lifestyle - Healthy Eating - Healthy Living'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information