Tuesday 27 January 2009

Boat Covers


This shipped fast from Amazon as always. It appears to be well made and of high quality. It was easy to install and has performed flawlessly the past week when we had really high winds and heavy rains. Classic Accessories Hurricane Boat Cover (Model C)

This boat cover is strong, sturdy, has straps built into the tarp. Often in the summer when it rains water may rest on top of the tarp adding pressure. Most of my tarps I have used don't last long because of the weight of the water (I added poles in the boat to elevate the tarp but in some cases that's not enough) BUT this tarp is strong and holds up to the toughest of storms. Love it!

I've had this boat cover for nearly three months now, it works great! I have a heavy canvas car cover, and was expecting something similar, but this cover is a lot lighter and feels just as strong. There is a little extra material at the front of the bow, but for a universal cover it fits my 17.5 foot Baretta quite snugly. I was very pleased with how it trailers, no problems and no air pockets (even at 75 M.P.H.). The straps and buckles are of good quality. There is an extra, single tie down ring in the middle of the back of the cover, which is not as sturdy as the buckles, it broke when I put a rope through it and was tying this area down. However, I simply knotted the rope around the ring's strap and it is fine. In the picture it looks as if the cover comes with a pocket in the back, to go around an outboard. I am happy to say that this is NOT the case, as I have a stern drive and this extra material would look unappealing. I ordered a model D. As far as the color, it isn't blue (again referencing the picture), it is gray with a nice blue "Classic Accessories" logo on each side. The cover actually comes with a bow strap as well, unlike the picture. I am including a link to another Classic Accessories boat cover (Storm Pro), to show the actual strap system that the Hurricane Boat cover comes with. The logo location is also the same, but the Storm Pro is dark gray, the Hurricane is light gray. Classic Accessories StormPro Boat Cover. Overall I am very pleased with the Hurricane Boat Cover!

This is a sturdy cover with straps that are easy to use on my 17.5' Tracker. When I remove the cover I leave the straps connected to one side of the cover and toss the loose ends back over the top. I then roll the cover from front to back with the loose straps inside. At the back, I flip the back corners up over the rolled cover, then fold each side to the center, pick it up, and store it. When it's time to put the cover back on I simply unfold it, reconnect the back corner straps, and roll it forward. I toss the loose ends of the straps under the boat, then connect them, and I'm ready to roll.

This was purchased for a 1988 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 178 SS. It fits the boat like a glove, but is not long enough to cover the motor (110hp Evinrude). The cover is of medium weight nylon. It has a buckle-strap arrangement that secures it to the boat from side-to side underneath and elastic around the perimeter, and is very easy to install. I use the cover only for storage but it appears it would serve well for trailering. So far it has withstood some fairly severe storms and just recently 9" of heavy, wet snow with no leaks. Overall a good cover for the relatively low price.

A good product for the price. If you snug it down tight it doesnt flap (at least at 55) Good to keep leaves out of the boat, seems to be only about 90% waterproof. My boat is in the middle of the size recommendation for this cover, and it is a tight fit. Make sure you cover sharp objects. I think my folded bimini is what makes it a tight fit. I will add to this review after 6 months when I have tested its longevity.

This cover is great. It doesn't allow water through and protects my boat from the elements. I won't try to trailer it because of the loose fit. I would have given it 5 stars but it's really big for my 14 1/2' TriHull.

I bought a type C for my 16ft sailboat. When the boat is stored, the mast lies along the top of the boat. This cover is a very good fit - extends a couple of ft at the back to cover the outboard, overlaps 1 to 2 ft at the sides, and covers the bow despite the mast being in the way.



In terms of quality it's pretty good - feels like it should last a while. It has proper quick-clips on the tie-downs, unlike some cheaper covers which make you tie knots in them.

Well made. Seams sewn securely, straps and buckles good quality and enough to do a good job of securing cover. Fit my 14 ft. fishing boat well with enough extra length to cover the motor. Did not include anything to support cover in center of boat for the cover to shed water rather than allow it to pool. Bowed several sections of half inch PVC and attached to gunwale to provide curve to shed water. Do not have any feedback on how the cover stands up to wind (while towing) or weather after a longer period of time.

bought this 14' hurricane boat cover for a 12' foot Jon Boat. Was pleasantly surprised regarding the quality of it... sewn in straps to hold the cover in place. At 14' it's long enough to cover the motor too. Very satisfied with this purchase.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Boat Covers Boat Covers Boat Covers