Saturday 31 January 2009

Brake Pads


Amazon shipped the product very quickly, package arrived in great conditions.



These are for my 2007 Honda Accord front disc brakes, replacing a set of Duralast pads from Autozone. (BTW, Duralast pads are very very disappointing, squeal a lot, leave a heavy black dust on my wheels, NEVER buy Duralast pads!)



So far very satisfied with the Akebono pads. Very quiet, no to no dust, leaving my alloy wheel shiny and clean. Stopping power is great, no fading, I even want to say its stopping power is a little bit better than the original Honda pads. Really like them, would definitely use them for my other car as well. Akebono ACT914 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set

I used to have nothing but problems with my brake jobs at the local garages on my Honda Odyssey, going thru one set of pads for every 8000 to 10000 miles. The pads I got used to cut into my rotor and generate so mcuh heat that the rotor will warp causing squeaky noise and vibration. I decided to get my own pads and rotors. My research indicated that the Akebono pads are gentle to the rotor, and yet have much better heat resistance and braking power than most other brands. So I got a new set of Beck and Arnley rotors and Akebono brakes. After 60,000 miles, there is still no problems. This got me worry, so I checked the pads and found that they still have over 75% left ( I do a lot of freeway driving). And after 120,000 miles, I checked again, they still have 50% left. This is incredible. Best yet, I have no problems with noise and vibrations any more.

I purchased a set of Akebono ACT914 pads for the front brakes on my CR-V. This brand was recommended by a co-worker who has used them for several years on Hondas. Wow! They are so much better made than what you get from the auto parts store and even Honda. They went on easy and work really well. Very smooth, noise free, sure stops. It will be interesting to see how long they last. Another good thing is no mess on the wheels from dust.

I'm sure that these break pads are amazing. They look like a great product. Too bad amazons 'match to you car,' service said they'd work with my car, when they don't. Make sure to research elsewhere to make sure they work with your car before buying them here. They do not work with a Honda Accord '95.

Bought these for my Honda Accord. Be careful what model you buy because Amazon's sizing chart is kind of messed up. I've had several issues with matching the right component to my car. Anyway, I'm a normal driver and wanted some aftermarket pads since the Honda pads tend to cause my rotors to warp. I've had these Akebono's for 2 months and they definitely are smoother when braking and the dust on my wheels are significantly less. I'm using these with some brembo rotors and can't complain. Stopping power is as good if not better than the OEM's. I'd recommend.

I've just received two sets of brake pads. Akebono ACT573 and ACT 914 ProACT. Before I placed the order, it was unclear from the descriptions of each of the products whether a set of pads comes with a pair or with two pairs of pads. Just so I wouldn't have to order it twice I ordered two sets of each. After I have received everything and opened the packages I saw that each set came with two pairs of pads - that is 4 pads in one set. I plan to return the extra sets.



I have not installed the pads so have no review as to the quality - will post it once installed and driven for a couple of hundred miles.



Also - the shipping was much faster than the anticipated timeline by Amazon.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Brake Pads Brake Pads Brake Pads