Wednesday 28 January 2009

Cloth Diapering - pool diaper, cloth diapers


I really wanted this to work but the first time my son pooped in it, it totally leaked everywhere! I have the size large and my son is at the end of the weight range so it isn't because it didn't fit. It just doesn't contain anything in it. It is a cute diaper but not functional what so ever. This is a waste of money. Imse Vimse Swim Diaper - Turquoise Dots with Frills Large

I was hopeful... The side snap is nice as is the soft fabric, however it doesn't do the job. I put it on my son to check the fit - it is advertised as 11-17 lbs but the tag says 13-17 - and he conveniently chose that moment to poop. I put him in his bath to test it, and for the first 2 minutes it seemed like a success, but then the poop started to escape little by little. It came out the back, which seems a little low, and as my son is about 12 lbs right now I can't imagine this working any better for a bigger baby. Unfortunate, because I wanted to like this and feel comfortable taking him in the pool with it.

I purchased one of these for swim lessons last spring as disposable swim diapers were not allowed, plus I didn't want to waste money on a pack of disposables. It did great and I loved it! The snaps on the sides were the #1 reason I bought this particular brand...imagine taking off a wet cloth swim diaper, that fits snugly to keep messes contained. She did poop a couple times when she was in the wading pool at home. It will contain the mess...depending on the consistency. If it is a loose stool, the water in the pool will break it apart, therefore allowing some to escape. Like other swim diapers, these are not meant to be leakproof, so it was no surprise you could see some come out. If it is a more solid mess, I imagine it would be better.

I am about to order my second one for my daughter for this year! I love it and have recommended it to others.

We used this diaper all summer and it was perfect. It was much easier to get on and off than the disposable swim diapers. My son is a little skinny guy and it fit him perfectly. I would say that it runs a little small based on the weight recommendation.

We really like this swim diaper. It is so small it fits under a "regular" swimming suit (although I know a lot of people wear it by itself as the suit). The difference between the medium and the large really isn't that much. I do have to say that it hasn't been tested for poop, though. So I do not have any insight on that. Seems snug, but not too tight around legs, so I am guessing it will do fine.

I bought these swim dipes on a recommedation from a friend. I was happy to find something that fit our 6 month old twins (who run on the long and lean side) when disposables wouldn't fit them. We've been really happy with this product overall, but the undies do not absorb/hold in pee. If you are holding your little one when s/he is wearing this diaper and goes potty you will get wet. For us, this wasn't an issue since we were usually at the beach/pool and we could easily rinse off.



To keep them from peeing in their car seats, we left them in disposables and changed them at the pool/beach. This seemed to work.



Poop - even the runny kind - was held in by the diaper well and was easy to clean out of the diaper. We purchased two patterns for our daughter and two for our son, so if they pottied in their pants we could change them into a fresh pair and deal with the collateral damage once we got home.

I can officialy say after this weekend that it does a good job of holding in poop, and its very easy to wash out. However you have to be on top of it. Im sure if he stays in the water with poop in the diaper it will start to breakdown and leak out. But if you catch it right away- no problem. My son is on the lower end of the weight range and it still works great. Love the snaps- helps alot trying to get diaper off.

This is the best thing I've bought this summer, I had a regular pull up one last year but this one has snaps, awesome! And it fits so well it even holds the pee in, I have to take her on the grass and open a leg hole to let it out. Don't waste your money on throw-aways. Also I went to walmart and got a cute bikini top to match the bottom, perfect swim suit! Highly recommended

I am very happy with this product. I have only given four stars because it doesn't actually contain the pee. However, that was not what I was expecting, so I am not disappointed. We ordered this for my 15-month-old son who is still in diapers (mostly cloth at home) and also uses the potty, but is not fully potty-trained. We recently went on a 3-week vacation, and this diaper was used almost daily. It dries quickly and only requires a rinse or quick hand-wash between uses. It fits very nicely on our trim baby and is easy to get on an off our son who likes to stand for all his changes. I will say that if your baby poos in a diaper without any warning to you, you probably want to go with the disposable swim diapers, because this one doesn't contain pee, so I can imagine some blowouts with poo.

I love this swim diaper. The pool we go to makes her wear a regular swim diaper underneath this one, which I wasn't expecting otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it, but I'm still not disappointed. It fits nicely over the swim diaper and she looks super cute. I bought the coordinating Tankini to go with this diaper. She is very small for her age and tiny around he waist, but the diaper seems to fit tightly enough (without being too tight) around her thighs and waist. When I use my parents' pool this summer I will be able to give a better review as to how well the diaper holds in solid contents. I like the snaps on the side as it makes the diaper easier to get off when it's wet. The price is a little high, but you get what you pay for. All around I think this diaper is a good value and would recommend it to anyone. - Finis - Pool Diaper - Cloth Diapers - Reusable Swim Diaper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information