Friday 30 January 2009

Kindle 2 Charger - kindle 2 wall charger, replacement parts


As I'm ordering a non-OEM replacement Kindle power cord, I felt compelled to share my experience and disappointment with my original cord that came with the Kindle I bought in April 2009. After about six months, the insulation on the cord began to crack and fall off, so that the braided metal inside is all that's left. I stored my power cord in my desk drawer along with other cords that had similar uses -- iPod cord, USB cord for digital camera, etc. -- and none of those cords experienced any problems, so I don't attribute the flaking insulation to heat or sunlight.



Anyway, I love my Kindle, but the power cord is lousy, and I will definitely not be paying the exorbitant price of the original to replace it. Amazon Kindle Replacement Power Adapter (Works with 6", 9.7" Display, 2nd and Latest Generation Kindles)

Less than a year after purchasing my second Kindle and twice replacing the charging cable because the outer casing deteriorated immediately, flaking away, I am debating whether to again spend the +$20 cost of another replacement cable or just applying the loss to the purchase of an iPad. Spend more then $70 to replace Kindle defective cables within one year? What would you do?

I have been very happy with my Kindle and the USB cable was working fine for the first 5 months. However, about 3-4 months' ago, I found cracks in the plastic coating that covered the braided cable. I taped it up and continued to use it but I was troubled that something as basic as the cable could crack so quickly. Today, the cable is "shedding" plastic all over and is not only frustrating but makes me wonder about safety issues each time I use it. I've never had this experience with any other cable so I'm quite unhappy. Hopefully the replacement cable is not going to give me the same trouble in a few months' time.

I have to agree with many others that wrote reviews. I purchased a kindle in april 2009 (kindle 2) and the exterior insulation started flaking off RIGHT away. I tried tape but the problem is so bad it is just falling off at a really fast rate. I purchased a SECOND kindle (a DX) when it came out a few months later and guess what.. the power cord (never used still in box) is falling apart. This is a defect an amazon should step forward and replace these then go after their vendor for cost recovery. They need to learn apple's lesson. They too had a bad power cable for one of the powerbooks that did the same thing. I know I had to replace mine a few times because the insulation cracked off. Sure nuff.. about a year after I purchased my replacement cord what shows up in the mail... a class action law suite notice. Send your receipt in get some money. Thus, keep your receipts... it may come in handy when the class action comes to your door! They are great products but this flaw spoils their shine a bit.

I'll have to replace my Kindle DX Power Adapter just after one year of use. The rubber covering the cable dried up and is coming off in bits. It hasn't been used very much and I haven't had this kind of problem with other electrical appliances. I hope the new one will last longer.

I love my Kindle. Nevertheless, I was very diappointed that I had to replace the adapter after such a short time. The adapter cable that came with the Kindle fell appart. Not just at one end but the entire length of the wire covering. I had not used it in any way that would cause this disintergration. The power adaptor was on my desk top, not in the sun, or exposed to chemicals or water. I hope that the replacement (which looks just the same) will last longer than the original.



Thankfully, the replacement was easy to purchase, not very expensive, and came very quickly. Again, I love my Kindle and carry it with me everywhere.

I was absolutely amazed the last time I charge my Kindle II. I do not know if the cord overheated or what, but all of the coating disintegrated and I am with a bare silver cable. Amazon siad "tough, it is out of warrant:, but the real problem is that this has happened to so many thousands of people, it is clearly a product defect that Amazon should have recalled, rather than charging extra money for their screw up

It's unfortunate that 13 months after purchasing my Kindle, I'm forced to buy a replacement charge cord. The original cord crumbled in my hands two days ago, leaving all the wires exposed! I hope this episode does not augur what I can expect with the Kindle.

I had to buy a replacement Kindle power adapter because mine was coming apart and wires were showing. I believe the hard cover around the wires should be more flexible. The outer covering is a hard plastic which makes it crack with all the movement of the cord. I wish they would re-design the outer plastic cord and make it more flexible.

I have had my Kindle 2 for over a year now and love it. Loved the way I could conveniently charge it as well. Today was one of those days I needed to recharge the Kindle so I took the power cord from the drawer and noticed the white covering was cracking and crumbling. The wires below are exposed up and down the cord making it unsafe to use. Can't even use ducktape unless I do the whole length of it. I was quite surprised. Wonder if anyone else is having this problem. - Kindle 2 Wall Charger - Kindle 2 Charger - Kindle - Replacement Parts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information