Thursday 29 January 2009

Hip Scarf - hip scarf


I am new to belly dance. I am using it as a form of fun exercise and just for personal enjoyment. To get myself more in the mood for it, I decided to purchase some accessories. I got this hip scarf and it was great. it looks just as described and it even fits us plus sized ladies great. (I could fit it at a size 18/20 and I still fit it at a size 16/18..I jsut have more scarf to tie). I am also pear shaped so I am more fuller in the hips than most and the scarf still fits great. Royal Blue Belly Dance Hip Scarf with Gold Coins

Great movement and sound, very well made. I am a Plus Sized woman, my size is 26W and I don't have any trouble tying the skirt around me (which is a huge surprise!) I love how sturdy and well made the item is. Just becareful, it's well made but with very delicate material and if you aren't careful you'll hook it on something and tear it. Luckily it's so affordable you can buy several. I will be buying more in the future as I learn more belly dancing and improve.

This hip scarf is beautiful! The color blue is deep and rich. I previously purchased a scarf from another dealer for a higher price, and the quality of the two are exact. The fabric seems a little thin but not flimsy. The coins have a wonderful jingle. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

When you look at the picture for this scarf, it looks like it would be of good quality. I had bought a red scarf with gold coins from a Pakistani store in the area, and it was flawless. The material of the cloth was great, there were many coins, and it just looked great! But sadly that was lost, and so I bought this one. I am very disappointed in the quality of the material. It is almost a transparent cloth which seems tinted blue. It is smaller than most belly dancing scarves, so don't be fooled by the picture. The coins are also not of good quality. But hey! there's a difference between a 4 dollar scarf, and a 25 dollar one I guess.

The price was certainly right and the shipment was fast! It did come apart on some of the beads but I quickly tied a bigger knot and it stayed together. I am still shaking it in my Zumba class and it REALLY helps you to know that you are moving those hips when using it. I thought at first, how silly, but it works!

The scarf is a beautiful blue. Makes exercise more fun to wear the scarf and dress the part.The scarf is for a small person,unless you don't mind not having the extra length after tying it.

I would buy again.

Very good price and very nicely made. Don't know what's up with the toy questions, but this is made for belly dancin. You could wear it as an accessory but it probably wouldn't last long if you sit on the coins. - Hip Scarf'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information