Monday 26 January 2009

Flying Toy - fun, remote control helicopter


This is an awesome micro heli. It is durable, neat to fly (flight time ~6-8 min.),and has cool blinking blue/red lights when turned on! This micro heli (like a lot of micro heli's out there)requires constant trim adjustment for straight flight. Trim adjustments makes this heli a bit of a challenge to fly ,but once this skill is mastered it is a lot of fun (for me, if there is not a little challenge to it than where is the fun). I purchased this toy because I thought it would be a cool hobby my boy and I could enjoy together. I was right (where hooked),and have now purchased a Syma "big" S022 Chinook. We are having a blast with both heli's. I would highly recomend this item to anyone curious about RC heli's. This little heli is low priced, a little challenging, and a lot of fun! A great first step into the RC heli hobby. For anyone who wants to know, I purchased my heli (and all my rc vehicles) from Xheli (an Amazon seller). They are pretty awesome, ship fast, and have alway done right by me. Cheers! Syma S018 Aurora Mini 3-Channel Infrared RC Helicopter ---NEW!

This is a decent copter for the price (I paid about $20). The biggest problem is trying to hover without spinning. Adjusting the trim to correct this almost never works to get it to hover without any spinning. In contrast, the twice as expensive S107 is amazingly stable and a better flyer, but for the price I paid for this AirWolf, I can't complain much. Fortunately one can learn the quirks of this thing and fly it decently. By always going forward - straight, left, or right, the spinning can be controlled much better.



Also interesting to note, my 3.5 year old is a decent flyer of this aircraft... he only needs some assistance with getting it charged and with the trim control.



I also wish it had USB charging like the S107.

i have bought many (5 or 6)different helicopters and this

one is my favorite.It has a mini propeller in the back

facing up so you can do forwards, backwards, up, down, right left

and a joystick controller.its also the cheapest price you will find.

this is the one to buy.

I'm. From costa rica. My brother and I buy 2 syma s018. It's a perfect toy I'm crashed like 100 times a day an it's like new. Really I'm very happy because when the syma s022 crashed ones no work anymore I love amazon and Xheli. Company. Fly in perfect stability. Love that. Bye

Syma does a great job of bringing these flying machines into your hands at very affordable prices. The helicopter requires a line of sight to control it due to the infra-red control emitter.



Fine tuning the flight controls so you can get a perfect hover is somewhat difficult due to its light weight and powerful little motor. As compared to the Syma S107, this Airwolf (model S0180 still has a few issues and I would recommend the metal framed S107 over this model.



But still lots of fun an most kids will still enjoy flying. Be aware that most all model helis have li-po (lithium polymer) batteries which may stop working over time, especially when not performing proper charge cycles and need replacement. The battery is easy to replace and available on Amazon.com, just make sure you fully charge it before its initial use.

For a first time rc helicopter, this product is great. It has been the cheapest of it's kind that i have seen ($17 from 3rd party seller). For the cost, it is pretty fun to play around with and learn how to control an rc helicopter. the airhogz rc helis are twice as expensive and seem to get destroyed more easily. this toy is not super strong though. upon first flight, a tail fin got bent. fortunately it is only for decoration. i can see this toy only lasting a a dozen or so major crashes. the controller is bulky and feels cheaply made and requires an astonishing 6 AA batteries. i think a higher quality toy could get away with fewer batteries. also, the controller is infrared so a line-of-sight is required to keep her flying.

Great radio controlled model especially for the price. Hard to get used to the controls but for the average teen should not be a problem. If you take it outdoors you may loose control due to limitations with range. Once the controls are mastered it is a great toy to operate indoors. Can not beat it for the price!

I wanted a gift which will keep my 3yr old nephew exciting all the time while using this product. Well, this product is not for a 3 yr old child but I will operate it. The only problem is that it revolves while in flight, the vernier adjustment knob is there for adjustment but its of not much use. Also I was hoping that I would be able to charge through normal plug or at least through USB but using 6 AA batteries is hectic. Overall its fun for good price.

The Helicopters with "No Gyroscope" spin in circles and no amount of trim adjusting worked to enjoy playing with this toy....

To cheap to send back, postage cost more than this toy.

I don't believe the 4 or 5 star reviews, as I have flown many copters and the only ones worth having have the gyroscope technology.

This broke the first day and will be a spare parts copter.

ALSO the dumb idea to put little-and I mean little "non-moving wheels" ...come on, it always fell over upon even the most gentle landing.

Check out the syma S107's with GYRO! Worth every penny. - Remote Control Helicopter - Flying Toy - Helicopter - Fun'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information