Thursday 29 January 2009

Kids Table  chairs - kids table  chairs, furniture


Like the other two reviewers, I loved this table and chairs when it first arrived. It is so lovely, with the cute pastel chairs. Unfortunately, after 6 months it's not so lovely anymore because the paint is chipping off all the edges. I'm very sad because what did look like a charming table and chair set for a reasonable price now looks tattered after half a year. Compare that to the pine set from IKEA that we've had 3 years that still looks brand new for a third of the price. If you do decide to buy this set, I would recommend applying a protective coat of polyurethane or similar to minimize paint chipping. Also, my husband used an electric screwdriver to assemble the set and the chair backs split in several places when the screws went in because of cheap wood. I would recommend using a hand tool and a light touch. I can't say I wouldn't recommend the set but I would recommend taking the above steps to avoid trouble ahead. It is super cute and the kids love having the four chairs for more kids, dolls, imaginary friends, etc. KidKraft Nantucket Table & 4 Pastel Chairs

My wife wanted to spend a lot more on a kiddie table/chairs than I wanted (hundreds of dollars), but I finally convinced her that this set (~$100) would be good enough, particularly since it'll be abused with crayons, markers, rough play, etc. It was straightforward to put together, though (as another reviewer has noted) screwing the screws too much from the bottle of the table surface can result in puncturing the table surface. It bother much much, however (it's a kiddie table, after all). My wife called the manufacturer, and without any fuss, a new table surface was mailed to us quite prompty. After about 10 months of use, the paint has held up well, but the chairs are showing signs of wear. The chairs are slowly starting to come apart at the seams (the dowels are coming loose), though I just force them back together, and they'll be fine for another week. Our kid eats, draws, and plays at/on the table. And often, both my wife and I are both sitting at on these chairs at the table, which may explain why the chairs are coming apart. For the price, I'm still happy with the purchase.

We have two of the Nantcucket tabl;e and chair sets in each color in our nursery school.

We have been very happy with them all. We also have a couple play kitchens from the same brand, Kidkraft and they have lasted 4 years!

I purchased this table because of the cost compared to other tables of this style and also because I own another kidkraft product (easel) that we love! We have not had any problems with it and both my daughters (3.5 & 18mo) climb through it. Unfortunately we have received two table sets that are damaged. I haven't been able to put it together, the first one had a completely damaged box so I expected it to be damaged. The 2nd one arrived in an undamaged box so I had high hopes. Unfortunately both are damaged on the table top siding. The first table top was pulled away from the siding, the 2nd one had a crack through the siding where a screw would go. I think the packaging is flimsy compared to the product weight so it just doesn't have the support it needs. But, of course, I also now question the quality of the table. We haven't decided whether to just move on or get one more replacement. If I get another replacement I'll update this review. To be honest with you, I don't know if anything else was damaged because I didn't pull anything else out after I saw the damage - I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it all back in and seal the box for return.

My daughter was 20 months when she got this table. She used it tons then and she is 3 now and uses it all the time! The colors are so cute and she has been pretty rough with it. The chairs fall and hit the hardwood floors all the time. The only damage is a small crack on one chair, but nothing terrible. She sits all her dolls at the table for tea parties and also loves to eat her breakfast at the table. GREAT BUY!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

We got this table a year ago for my 2 and 4 year old and I wouldn't have been happier with It:)My husband put It together for 10 minutes and since then my little trouble makers eat on It,jump on It,play on It,draw pictures on It....I even sit on the little chairs with them and they seem pretty durable.The best purchase ever:)

OK, so I've only had it for a month, but I think its great! My 17-month-old can sit on the chairs (and loves to) but her feet don't tougch the ground. This IS a great set for her, as she was hungering to sit like a "grown up"; she just loves exploring a chair that is sized for her. I think it will be even better for her when she's two and has a longer attention span to sit for a while and color and play with blocks. I had a 4-year-old over recently and she fits just fine, so I think this set will be useful until five or so.



It went together easily: about half and hour and the tool is provided with the set. Seems sturdy: solid wood and no creaking when we sit in it (180 pound husband). Seems high quality: no paint chipping and washable crayon wipe right off.



So far I would recommend this set: looks beautiful and really would fit it a mixed-gender playspace as it has a green and blur chair.



Very happy with this purchase!

I was hesitant to buy this table and chair set because of the negative reviews about the product. But, in the end I decided that the price was just too good to pass up! The table and chairs are great!!! I don't know how the other people treat their belongings but, things here is my house get A LOT of use...and this little set appears as if it's going to stand the test of time. If you want to waste your money on a table and chair set that is five times the price and the same thing...by all means do it.

We have had the set for over a year and love it! Perfect size for all activities and has been very durable for us. My girls even stand on the chairs with no problems. Great customer service with Kidcraft. One piece arrived manufactured incorrectly and they sent the new piece same day, free of charge with no questions asked. We've had slight wear on the paint but no more than any other painted toy. We would definitely recommend the set to a friend. - Children Table Chairs - Kids Table  chairs - Table - Furniture'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information