Thursday 29 January 2009

School Supplies - paper mate, art


This is the best cap eraser I have found in recent years. The quality of the material is very good and erases w/o leaving any traces. Since the piece is made thick, it does not have any tendency to come off the pencil. I have tried store brands from Office Depot, Office Max and Staples and found them all too thin and flimsy. They come off the pencil while erasing and you have to use three or four of them for each pencil. None of that problem ever encountered with these Arrowhead Pink Erasers. Paper Mate Arrowhead Pink Cap Erasers (73015), Pack of 144

These erasers are amazing, and quite durable. I use them as the pencil toppers for my students. They have withstood several weeks so far, and there is no sign of wear & tear. I really don't have anything negative to say about these erasers, they are just down right awesome.

I bought these after being disappointed in the quality of the office supply store ones I had bought. We homeschool our two oldest and with two young kids working on handwriting everyday outside a classroom environment where pencils are used up and not lost we found ourselves using up the erasers on the pencils long before the pencil itself. These work great and eliminate the need to have the kids keep a separate eraser in front of them (and keep those big erasers off the floor where the baby can chew on them!). The price is very, very reasonable for so many and they last so long that I can't see needing to buy more in the next decade or so. They are so durable that they can be transfered from one pencil to the next for weeks. A ten pack would be ideal, plenty to last through the year but for the great price on the big box I can't complain. The only concern I have is that they may begin to get dry before we use them all so I've put them in a ziploc bag.

You can't buy these in small quantities, but frankly, if you give them in small packages to friends and family (12 of them are 50 cents, 24 of them are $1 if you're basing on this costing $6) you'll really go through them quickly. I use them for work. Erase cleanly and quickly, don't rip or tear the paper. Very little "dust", and not crumbly at all. I'll buy these again...in like, five years, when I run out.

I'm a teacher and I use them in my classroom. The cheaper pencil top erasers break the tops off very easily and don't last. I got these not expecting them to be any better but they are surprisingly well made. They are very solid feeling and don't bend and snap off like the cheaper ones do. They also stay on the pencils better. They are well worth the money since they are going to last a lot longer. Do yourself a favor and buy these over the cheap standard ones.

What can be written about an eraser? Only that these are the best pencil cap erasers around!!!!!! They're extremely durable, fit well on the pencil, don't flip off while erasing, and leave very little "eraser dust" behind. They don't leave smudges and don't tear the paper, either.



Great value for a great product! I'll keep what I need for this year and donate the rest to my class.



Highly recommend!

I used to be annoyed by trying to use store-brand erasers - yes, I'm looking at you, Staples! They were flimsy and would split and fall off the pencil after only a few uses. These Paper Mate ones are great - really sturdy, they hold on to the pencil and stay there, and they erase really well too. No complaints at all. I recommend them.

I agree with the other reviews: these are the best pencil-cap erasers I've found in recent years. I have tried all the others, including the pretty-colored ones, from grocery stores, drug stores, Target, and office supply stores--they are all too flimsy and split within weeks, even if they are just sitting on a pencil not being used--they are a waste of money! Finally I have found these pink Paper Mate Arrowhead cap erasers from Amazon.com, and even though they are made in China, they are thick, sturdy, and serviceable. They have the old-fashioned quality I remember and want. They do the job and they are well worth the modest price. What a treat it is to find these at last.

I am a homeschool mother and my kids are always using up their erasers way before the pencil. In this economy I'm looking for anyway to save money. I decided to get some erasers for the tops of the pencils. I've had some before, but the kids hated them because they broke off, split on the sides, and were hard to erase with. I just got these today and I absolutely love them. We put about 15 on our pencils and none of them split up the side. They are very heavy duty. I think my favorite part is that the tops come together in an oval shape instead of a point. The old ones we had came to a point which made erasing hard. The oval makes the top very easy to erase with and the eraser doesn't flop back and forth when erasing. They worked great the first try. Love it, love it, love it. And with 144 in the box, I should be set for a few years. - Home Office - Art - School Supplies - Paper Mate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information