Thursday 26 February 2009

Baume And Mercier - automatic, baume


This is a beautiful watch and my fiance absolutely loves it! It was exactly what we had picked out at a much more expensive jewelry store for half of the price. It is gorgeous. The only reason why I didn't give give stars is that I discovered after we purchased the watch that the warranty will not work because we did not purchase the watch from an authorized dealer. If we needed to send the watch in it would not be covered under warranty by Baume & Mercier Baume & Mercier Men's 8731 Classima Automatic Strap Watch

I recently ordered this watch because I fell in love with it after seeing it in person. Upon receiving it I took it out and wore it for a day(after winding it to charge it as directed in the manual). That is when I discovered the watch was gaining 15 seconds per day. I reset the watch and tested it again, only to find it was still gaining time. I called Amazon to figure out what to do about the matter. They told me I could send it to the warranty repair center and I would have it back five days after they received it. Upon talking to the warranty place they told me I would have to pay to ship it to them and it was take at least 4 to 6 weeks. Of course I didn't want to wait that long to wear the watch again so I called amazon back and asked them just to replace my current watch. They told me they could do that but since I took it out, they would have to send it through their "service" to check over the watch and they would then charge me an unknown percentage of the cost of the watch as they saw fit based on the condition. Take into account this is only a few days after I bought the watch and have only been wearing it around my house, but I didn't know what they were going to find wrong with it since they sent me a broken watch in the first place. They also told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks for them to process the watch after I sent it to them, and I would have to pay the difference then before the new watch was sent to me. So basically it is a beautiful watch, but pray that there is nothing wrong with it when it comes in the mail. I ended up sending it to the warranty place because although horrible, it was the best option. - Chronograph - Automatic - 8591 - Baume'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information