Friday 27 February 2009

Wii Controller - wii nunchuck, wii remote


We are so disappointed with this product. We believe we were deceived. There was no indication that what was being sent was going to be a knock-off! We noticed immediately that something was wrong when we tried to play a game (Frisbee golf) and couldn't get the controller to respond accurately to our hand and arm motions. The original Wii controllers have precision accuracy and this one just did not handle the same. Once we established that the controller wasn't working properly, we checked on line to see what we could find out about FAKE Wii Controllers and the world opened up. We saw all the minute differences, the strap does not have a latch, the controller doesn't even have the Wii Logo on it (how did we not notice that right away?), the font size and colors on the buttons are different...and even upon closer look, you can see that a lot of the "safety and inspection" raised print that show code compliances on the original are completely missing from this Fake one, even the electrical connectors are slightly different... Ultimately, it's the Performance that matters! Every person who picked up this controller at our house noticed the difference between the original and the new "FAKE" controller...it really messes you up if you are serious about your game. I wouldn't recommend this product to any one. I can't believe there is no clear statement alerting people that what is being sold is not a genuine Nintendo Wii product. I have contacted Amazon, and they are working on helping us get some type of resolution. Remote Controller and Nunchuk Nunchuck Combo Bundle Set

I have had much bad luck with 3rd party gamecube controllers in the past, but this wiimote is surprisingly reliable. The only differences in quality that i can notice is the nunchuck cord, which is a little more rigid, and the built in microphone sounds a bit more... grainy. I have not had any tracking problems with the 'mote, and the product has yet to break, despite being dropped a few times. I suppose you get what you pay for, and if you just want a second controller to make your friends use but you dont want to pay a lot, I recommend this one.

I really wanted to like this whole off-brand idea for the controllers, maybe I just got faulty equipment, but the nunchuck will not work if you use the wii motion plus. And if your more than 3 feet away from tv the remote will lose sync. The system picks up that something is plugged in, but the nunchuck is completely and utterly useless. Oh well, I would return it but the seller charges a 20% restocking fee. Now I wish I spent a few more dollars on the real genuine Nintendo made controllers.

We have been VERY happy with this set. Before purchasing the wii nunchuck and controller bundle, I read all of the other reviews. First of all, I think it's obvious it's a knock-off, or it wouldn't be $12! Some people had trouble with some games, but we decided that for the price, it was definitely worth a try. We have not had a single issue with any game. The volume is slightly louder, but a non-issue. They work great, just as they should. We bought two sets, and have been so happy, family and friends have now ordered some as well.

After reading the mixed reviews here on Amazon, I was wary of ordering this controller/nunchuk bundle. However, the price is right and I really wanted to add two more friends to my system so I went ahead with the purchase.



Nowhere in the item description is there any claim that these are actual Nintendo products, and the bargain price should be a clue to anyone who thinks they are. These are definitely after-market sets, but the look/feel is very close to the original. Reviewing them poorly simply because they're "not Nintendo" is like negatively reviewing Scott Tissue because it isn't Kleenex.



We've now used them for a few hours of gaming and have experienced no problems with any of the units. They're basic, but functional. I'm glad I went ahead and got them.

I originally wrote a review about how disappointed I was with this product because I couldn't get it to work. New Harbor read my review and contacted me about it. They REALLY worked with me to help me get the remotes synced with my Wii. I'm not a very tech - oriented person but New Harbor staff stuck with me and now my remotes work great! New Harbor gets thumbs up for an affordable product AND for Great customer service

I would buy another one of these wii controller/nunchucks in a heartbeat! As with any third party seller of a licensed product, we were weary, but we have NO complaints! The sound is loud (which is great for older players who can hardly hear) the controller is IDENTICAL to an actual wii controller in size, color, weight, shape, the only difference is it lacks the wii logo! I wouldn't hesitate, this is a FAR better deal than even a used controller!

Very very disappointed! I will never order from this seller again. This product was advertised as "new" from New Harbor, but the remotes I received were obviously not in "new" condition. They were packaged solely in wrapping, no box, and riddled with scuffs and dings. Also, they are not genuine wii remotes. So not worth it. - Wii Nunchuck - Wii Remote - Controllers - Wiimote'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information