Sunday 22 February 2009

International - good value, international cell phone


I used onesimcard in Denmark, Sweden, Estonia and Germany during my recent travel trips. Everything worked as it was promised, and the cost was a fraction of my usual AT&T service. Onesimcard provided me with two numbers for my phone- one in Europe and one in USA. This enabled me with extra flexibility as I was able to control the cost of incoming calls. Receiving call in the countries I traveled is free when calls received on the European phone number, so I gave out the European phone number to my boss and colleagues, so I would not need to pay for incoming call from them. Then I gave the US number to my family and friends so they could call me from the US virtually for free. There is some prepaid amount left on the SIM. However, I am going to use it during my next travel abroad in few months. I like the fact that there is no periodic fee to maintain the service. Overall I was very pleased with the level of service and the savings I got. OneSimCard International SIM Card for 200 Countries with $10 Credit

I should tell that I am really impressed with onesimcard cell phone service. I bought this international SIM card here on Amazon, received it in 2 days, registered it on-line at [...], which was easy. I used it with my old unlocked Motorola V3 phone in 4 countries - Italy, France, China and Hong Kong. It worked everywhere without a glitch for both - calls I made and incoming calls. OneSimCard offers main SIM card number of Estonia and then there is an option to get a second number for the SIM in US. The second US number allowed me to forward my incoming US calls to my international phone number. Another feature I liked is the Voice Mail. Copies of all Voice Mail messages were emailed to me and it cost nothing extra. The service is prepaid, but adding the airtime was easy - I just set it to automatic recharge and the system was adding $25 every time the balance would go low. Generally speaking the whole thing saved me at least $400 dollars in two weeks that I was traveling abroad. This is the first time I used a universal SIM cards like this. I was using my AT&T service before that was atrociously expensive.

I purchased onesimard sim directly from onesimcard.com two months ago. A friend of mine told me about this product. Since then I was traveling in many places around the world and this service worked everywhere just fine. It took me few minutes to understand that they use a callback technology. But once I understood how to dial it was not any different from my AT&T service except for the cost part. You really save with this service when calling from abroad using your mobile phone. I traveled four - five times a year internationally. I just wish I knew about onesimcard before. The savings that I realized just in these two months are already over $2500. Also I liked their customer service: Very knowledgeable and ready to help. Strongly recommend.

I am puzzled to see some people writing bad reviews about onesimcard, though I might understand why, as it did not work for me first neither. But this was till I read the manual.



I bought onesimcard sim last month for my trip to Kenya. On the way to Kenya I made two short stops in Amsterdam and Frankfurt. I used it with an unlocked Nokia E5 phone.



First - the SIM was mailed free of charge and came in few days. This was good. I did noticed a warning on the booklet to activate the SIM card on-line. The activation was instant and simple enough. I put the SIM in the phone and could not make the call first.I was under the impression that there is only way of dialing. It turned out that there are different ways how a call should be dialed.



This company is using slightly different way of making call to make it cost less. Once you dialed the number, the phone rings back and then you get connected. I did not understand it first.



So, here is an unpleasant part - reading the manual. The user guide they provided is very detailed with examples of making calls, but it needs to be read. Once I understood how to make a call, I was all set. It



The service just worked everywhere I needed. It worked in and out in Europe and Africa. It saved me tons of money as the rates are really cheap. 20 minutes I spent figuring out how it works was well worth the savings I got.



Another great thing is that I could get a second phone number on the SIM in NYC, so my mom did not have to dial an international mobile number.



As to the customer support - I submitted a simple question on-line about recharging my account and got a reply within 10 minutes. What else?



If not for the money I saved by using this service, I would rate it with 4 stars. However, you need to be fair. It is so worth it.

Members of my family are frequent travelers. We are (all five of us) using this service for the last 6+ years. The connection is good, the user interface is quite clear, their customer service is friendly, and the prices are unbeatable. If you look what AT&T is charging for the similar service -- you'll be impressed. I recommended this service for all my friends and coworkers, haven't heard any complaints yet. We used the card in France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, UK & Croatia. - Prepaid - International Cell Phone - Good Value - Global Sim'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information