Thursday 26 February 2009

Photography - photography, hand strap


Cotton Carrier makes top of the line equipment. It's that simple. My first purchase was of the "Camera Carrying System" and was so happy with it that I got the "Lens Carrying Bag". I, very briefly, considered taking off one star due to the cost of the hand strap, but, hey, in this instance you do get what you pay for. All Cotton Carrier equipment is made well and perfectly engineered for the purpose intended. The "Hand Strap" is no exception. It's easy to install, made of quality material and works better than I expected. This company has obviously given considerable thought and planning with regard to quality and I truly couldn't be more pleased with how everything works and how photography, in the field, has become more pleasurable. Cotton Carrier Hand Strap

After carrying cameras for 40 years using the traditional neck strap, I wasn't sure if the hand strap would be a suitable replacement, because we all worry about dropping our camera. I bought the hand strap along with the Cotton Carrier chest carry and find it much better than having the strap around your neck. The hand strap gives you a secure hold on your camera and a lot of flexibility to take a shot. When putting the camera on a tripod, the neck strap always gets in the way; the hand strap doesn't. I won't be going back to my neck strap.

Hand Strap DOES NOT come with a camera hub as stated in the description. DBroth basically stated after several days of email messages that it was my fault for thinking "with hub" meant it came with a hub. Offered to refund me $6 of the $39 I paid for a $10 strap with a useless spacer washer.

It's not that this is a "bad" product, i just don't like it. I attached it to my Canon EOS 50D. In order to use it you apparently have to either attach it to an L-shaped tripod bracket or use the included foam piece attached under either your own tripod plate or under the Cotton Carrier vest mount. i think i would potentially like this more if i was using the L-shaped bracket, but since the included foam was flexible the camera didn't feel as snug on my hand as i would've liked. If i got it as snug as i wanted then it was hard to get it on or off without adjusting it, plus it was hard to get my fingers to the controls. If i had it loose enough to get on and off easily and access controls, then it wasn't snug on my hand. i ultimately ended up not using it.

This hand strap is easy to install and very comfortable.



With regard to the overall Cotton Carrier system ...



The Cotton Carrier system is without a doubt the VERY best way to carry your camera when engaged in active pursuits. I have tried several and am delighted to have found this product!



I am usually carrying a Canon 5D, Mark II with a 100-400m, "L" lens and another "L" lens of some sort. The weight of the camera and lens is quite heavy, but this system distributes the weight so effectively that it is no burden at all.



I recently used it hiking/rock climbing in the Lake Tahoe area with WONDERFUL results.

Then, last week I used it while pheasant hunting in MN. It was awesome. I was able to "sling" my shotgun and use the camera without any problem.



The Cotton Carrier is very well made and durable. The system works exactly as advertised. I've now purchased another for Christmas for a friend.



You will NOT be disappointed! - Camera Grip - Photography - Hand Strap - Photography Equipment'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information