Monday 23 February 2009

Scam Marketing - prepaid, global sim


I've just purchased this card. The listing said it would include $10 airtime as bonus. During activation, the pin number that came with the card was rejected. I've called AT&T customer service, spoke with a manager just to find out that this $10 airtime promotion no longer valid and it applied only if you had purchased a phone through AT&T as well. And their new promotion was add $25 within first week to get $10 credit. WTF???

So, pretty much I've purchased a SIM card with $0 balance. The manager was able to issue me a $5 credit--that was the limit according to his words. But I am still not happy and feel mislead by the false advertisement. Buyer beware. At&t Prepaid Sim Card Att Go Phone Sim Card With Free Signal Booster -Minutes Not Included-

This SIM arrived on time and works quite well. Even activating it online was simple (the seller also sent instructions for the technologically challenged). It doesnt get 5 stars however because of AT&T more than anything else. First you do not receive the $10 as advertised by the seller .. had mine for almost 2 weeks and nothing yet :S Also, if you use this SIM in an unlocked phone and you're not tecky like me .... you have to call customer service and have them instruct you on how to manually configure your Internet and MMS settings so you can use 3G. Plus AT&T is expensive so watch out for those charges.

I ordered this SIM to start a pre-paid AT&T Go-Phone account. I used it in a phone that was previously a AT&T/Cingular network phone, that was not "unlocked".

After activating the Go-Phone account on AT&T's website and putting the SIM in the phone, it worked perfectly. I didn't even need to "unlock" the phone (LG Trax CU-575).

I have not purchased this item from the seller, but it clearly states "airtime not included" so I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I did purchase a go phone 2 days ago for my son. We have been with AT&T for years and after doing some research, found it was cheaper to go the go phone route. However, be careful when you buy these with airtime minutes included. I bought the cheapest phone I could find because all he needed was the sim card to put in his other phone. When I activated the phone, the $15 airtime credit is automatically applied and by doing so, locks the sim card to that phone for 180 days!!! I called and argued with AT&T and finally got a manager who unlocked the sim card for me. So, just a heads up to everyone wanting the airtime credits.....you're better off without them unless you intend to use the phone they come with, but usually these are very cheap.

I had unlocked my old AT&T quad band phones and I thought this would be a good way to use them as backup phones. Come to find out, T-Mobile SIM cards work just as well in the unlocked phones and they have a much better "gold" customer deal that starts with a $100 airtime card (1000 minutes) and a $10 SIM card that also has 100 minutes. They key is that the phone number is good for a year and is extended by adding more air time.

I bought this sim card to make a gophone from my husbands old phone after I bought him a new one and it works great! It was easy to install and because the seller sent an antenna booster I get reception at home, 8.5 miles from the highway. I'm not supposed to get any reception out here, but it works! - Gsm - Phone Card - Global Sim - Prepaid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • global sim
  • ,
  • gsm
  • ,
  • phone card
  • ,
  • prepaid